SIGforum
Account deletion request

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550601935/m/8490053954

July 27, 2019, 02:47 PM
drh2687
Account deletion request
Gents, I'd like to have my profile here on SigForum deleted. I'm no longer active on the site and am looking to clean up my internet clutter.

I'd be obliged if that's something we could handle. Thanks in advance.

-------------------------
Dave-O
July 27, 2019, 08:03 PM
Rey HRH
I joined Sigforum after you. I know they don't delete accounts. Any posts you make gets pruned past a certain amount of time. Although I know once you post on the internet, it's there forever but that's not just on Sigforum.

You've had all of 11 posts, I don't think that even adds up to half a dust mote in terms of cleaning up any clutter.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
July 27, 2019, 08:16 PM
OP is trying to tie up loose ends. Eek

Q

July 27, 2019, 09:17 PM
ffips
Dave's not here!
July 28, 2019, 10:46 AM
molachi
Just log out and NEVER log back in then you are done.
July 28, 2019, 11:02 AM
ensigmatic
Log out (near upper-right corner). Delete any sigforum.com cookies in any browsers you've used. Delete any saved password/login credentials you have for sigforum. In a couple years (I think it is?) this last post of yours will have been auto-pruned.

Done.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
July 28, 2019, 01:00 PM
parabellum
Lo sentimos, pero no eliminamos las cuentas. Por favor presione 8 para volver al menú principal.
July 28, 2019, 03:20 PM
Johnny 3eagles
Just make sure you do it before next Friday.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
July 28, 2019, 10:33 PM
sigmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
August 02, 2019, 01:23 PM
MacGyver
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Agreed. I am also currently trying to clean up "internet clutter" just like OP is, just elsewhere. It's always good to have the option if it is ever needed.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning
August 03, 2019, 09:35 AM
Ronin101
hire a russian hacker! its the only way to be sure!!
August 05, 2019, 04:33 PM
arcwelder
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Agreed. I am also currently trying to clean up "internet clutter" just like OP is, just elsewhere. It's always good to have the option if it is ever needed.

If you have old accounts somewhere, that have credit card or other vital information attached, I could perhaps see the value in making sure such an account was deleted. Say.. if you stop using Amazon.

Does anyone here have a MySpace page? A Geocities homepage? LiveJournal? Etc....

Not deleting accounts is done for a variety of reasons, and if you never want to use this site again, just don't.

We aren't TJ Max, Equifax, or any of that.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP