SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Karma winner

Moderators: lbj, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma winner Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
I apologize in advance if this has been asked already.
How are karma winners chosen by members?
I am trying to figure out a fair way of picking one.

Escape is not always the safest path.

Posts: 1037 | Location: central nj | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WildSig
posted Hide Post
All you need to do is enter the URL to the first page of your karma post into this website and click on Pick a Winner.

http://www.karmanator.com/

Posts: 2120 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Holy smokes. That is easy.

Thank you

Escape is not always the safest path.

Posts: 1037 | Location: central nj | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
There are no rules except for the rules that the donor of the karma wants.

The Karmanator, as mentioned by WildSig, is one way to do it, I guess it uses a random number generator.

Other members who have hosted karmas have made up their own methods: tell me a joke, or write each person's name on a slip of paper and see which one their parakeet picks, or the third red-headed boy named Donald, or ...

If you're a karma donor, you make up your own rules.

You might want eligibility rules, minimum number of posts, or been a member for a specified time, or whatever you want. It's totally up to you.

By the way, please include me in your generous karma. Razz

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 14440 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post