SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    May I ask for clarification?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May I ask for clarification? Login/Join 
Picture of maladat
posted
Hello, Para. I have held off on posting in the coronavirus thread since responding to your post there, but that is a couple pages back now and I didn't want to start posting in the thread again without clarifying what is acceptable. I don't want to step on your toes. I've copied my response over there below.

Thank you.

-----------------

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh yeah, 30 million people in the US are gonna get this bug. Sure.

Look, just cut it out. You don't know any better than the rest of us about what's going to happen. All this fucking drama with these "impressive" number. Just stop it. You don't know what you're talking about.

I didn't say it would happen. I said it could, and explained why. An average of 30 million people in the US get the flu every year.

I am not panicked or hysterical, and regardless of the situation, I don't think hysteria serves any purpose and will always make things worse. I have been careful to talk about possibilities, not certainties (of which there aren't any). I have been careful to provide links to reputable sources for important points in my arguments. My position is that it's important that we take a critical look at what is happening and think about what it means, rather than just assuming that we know how it will turn out.

With all that said, I respect you, I enjoy being a member of this forum, and I know that it's your show. If you want me to stop posting in this thread, I will. Is that what you're asking, or just that I stop posting about projected outcomes?

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do you really think for one second that if I didn't want you posting, that I would have difficulty finding a way to express this to you? Just use your head.

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Fair enough, thank you. I just wanted to make sure I stopped way short of crossing the line, and I wasn't sure how much "cut it out" applied to.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post