SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Picture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture Login/Join 
posted
Wanted to attach a picture with post I made on P365 striker issues. I see no way to do this. Is there a reason?

God, Family, Country
P226 Legion SAO
1911 Max Full-Size/45
P938 SAS Micro Compact
P365

Posts: 10 | Location: NE Illionois, Livingston, TN | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I do have Flikr so that will work.

God, Family, Country
P226 Legion SAO
1911 Max Full-Size/45
P938 SAS Micro Compact
P365

Posts: 10 | Location: NE Illionois, Livingston, TN | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Slide1 by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I am having a world of trouble doing this for some reason. I used to use TinyPic and that worked but nothing else seems to work.

This is what pops up:

It won't display the image.

This is the correct link:

https://imgur.com/G8d3SZF

What am I doing wrong?

I am using the [img] [/img]

Posts: 13049 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, that's because you're linking to the page which contains the image, and not the image itself, which is https://i.imgur.com/G8d3SZF.jpg

Using Firefox, I obtained the image URL by right-clicking the image and choosing 'View Image' from the menu. The image URL then appeared in the address field. I copied that URL and put it between the image tags- [img] [/img]

Cute pic, BTW

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para.

Posts: 13049 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I’ve noticed the image tags only work when the file extension is in the link, like .jpg or .gif. If you have that, you’re off and running. If you don’t, you need to look through the upload field choices the various free hosts present as options until you find the one that does have the file extension at the end. Some sites offer it and some don’t, or even using Para’s method, I’ve found some free photo hosting sites that don’t allow you directly link to the image - I assume so they get their ad revenue.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post