SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Can Data From an Older SigForum Account Be Merged?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Data From an Older SigForum Account Be Merged? Login/Join 
posted
I joined the forum as Chicago Mark back in 2009. At the time I had a @comcast.net email account. Once I moved out of Chicago, I no longer had access to that email account. All was good until a computer change and I couldn't remember my password. I tried every password I ever used to no avail. Then I as able to contact SigForum Admin and change my screen name to Chattanooga Mark. Then another computer upgrade and all access to the forum under Chattanooga Mark was gone as well. I recently signed up anew as TN Mark, but now I'm a 'newbie' with little to no forum 'history'. One member posted that since I'm so new he wasn't interested in an item I had for sale. I thank him for posting what others may also very likely be thinking.

So, the question: can my Chicago Mark and Chattanooga Mark forum history be applied to my new account under TN Mark?

Thank you for your consideration.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I don't recall this ever being done for someone, or if it is even possible. You'd need some way to actually verify that those accounts were yours. One of the old accounts could perhaps be reopened, if you can do that. But merged? Unknown.

I'd recommend actually recording your username and password on something not electronic, in case you need it in the future.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post