SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Custom avatar via Postimage not working
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom avatar via Postimage not working Login/Join 
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted
I noticed that my avatar hosted by Postimage is not working but can't seem to fix it. I've tried replacing the link and replacing the image with a new one but nothing works. Tried going back to a site-provided avatar (that works) and then reentering custom but no matter what I do I keep getting this error message: "The provided avatar URL does not appear to be accessible."

The odd thing is while attempting the change the new avatar actually shows in my profile but can't be saved. I've logged out and back in, tried with both Firefox and with Safari but browser choice makes no difference. Cleared cache and cookies to no avail. I do run the uBlock Origin ad blocker but its turned off on both SIGforum and Postimage.

This is the (direct) link itself: https://s6.postimg.cc/px6jbi8wx/LSL.png which shows up just fine on its own.

This is the image:

At this point I'm out of ideas. Anyone see what I've missed or is it a site issue? Thanks.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the (direct) link itself: https://s6.postimg.cc/px6jbi8wx/LSL.png which shows up just fine on its own.

Does SigForum software recognize .PNG files?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Does SigForum software recognize .PNG files?

I would think so but don't know for sure. My other avatar was a .jpg file and that doesn't load either.

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I recall a thread discussing this, some time ago.

The consensus was that PostImage works fine for hosting photos to be embedded in posted articles, but does not work reliably for avatar images.

I believe that we have at least one member on board who offers free hosting for avatars.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

http://www.wootmonkey.com/uplo...7175314-f0662ecb.png

Consider yourself hosted Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Consider yourself hosted Smile

Thank you, sigmonkey! Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions.

34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I'm having exactly the same issue lately! My avatar WAS on PostImage.org and working fine, but now it doesn't work anymore, so I'm gonna move it. Just like you, it showed up fine when putting it in a thread, or even when "backing up" and seeing my "selected avatar", but then it's a no-go when actually trying to use it. Most interesting, but certainly not something that can't be worked around as already seen! I'll just move mine to Imgur and move on... Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Just set mine up on Imgur, so hoping this fixes the problem...

Edit: ... and apparently it did! Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Hurray !

Thanks for this thread.

Created an imgur account and was able to finally get my old avatar to work Big Grin

really like postimage, but it sure doesn't work anymore for avatars Frown

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Hey Sigmonkey, my turn? LOL Thank You! Not sure why it's showing large here. Saved it to imagepost as 60x60 pic. Let me know if its broken (they do step on them from time to time.

https://i.postimg.cc/MGmkCZ4T/hk21e1.jpg

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Either mine or Q's will work. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A monkey and and orangutan walked into SIG Forum Office...

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
A monkey and and orangutan walked into SIG Forum Office...

Too funny! Thanks guys! Now how about hosting it for me..... Postimage.org is a piece of crap with avatars! Give me a link and I’ll add to my profile.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You right click on the image and use that link. Smile

or this.

http://www.wootmonkey.com/uplo...1060646-7e081e9c.png

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
You right click on the image and use that link. Smile

or this.

http://www.wootmonkey.com/uplo...1060646-7e081e9c.png

Cool! Thanks again guys. I was looking at it on my iPad before. As soon as this trick or treat thing is over I’ll get on the pc and get it setup!

Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
This is a test, this is only a test..... of my avatar. Thank You Guys!