SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Selling Guns In Classified Section

Moderators: lbj, parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Selling Guns In Classified Section Login/Join 
posted
Can the seller ship a gun directly to the buyers FFL when selling a gun in the Classifieds here? I have a couple of Sigs that I bought a lot of stuff for and would rather sell everything together rather than sell the gun locally and the mags, etc. online. Only want to do this if it is easy to do, otherwise I'll trade the guns in on new ones I want. Thanks for any answers.

Posts: 238 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Report This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
If I'm reading your question correctly, then the short answer is that yes, any individual seller can ship a firearm to an FFL for transfer on to the buyer AS LONG AS said FFL is willing to accept shipment from an individual.

Posts: 3235 | Registered: October 28, 2010Report This Post
Picture of dusty3030
posted Hide Post
Legally yes; however, not all FFL's as a business practice will take in a gun sent in from an individual. Right or wrong, that's just the way it is.
If you wish to handle your transaction that way (FFL must accept shipment from individual) then just state that in your ad as a condition of the sale.

Many FFL's don't mind taking in a gun to ship to another FFL and a FFL has the option of using relatively cheap USPS mail to ship a handgun, so you might search for FFL's in your area and find one does this (they usually charge $25 or so for the service) and just stipulate in your ad's that if the buyer's FFL won't accept from an individual the buyer must pay the $25 or whatever it is fee for the service.

Straight shootin!
dusty

Posts: 3032 | Location: Memphis, mf'n, TN | Registered: August 13, 2005Report This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Depends on the receiving FFLs policy.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Mass | Registered: January 23, 2004Report This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
Legally yes but some FFLs have different rules. Not sure about safe spaces like CA though.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
To add to above, if the FFL accepts transfer from you, you will be asked to include a copy of your state ID/DL along with the package.

Q

Posts: 13420 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Just to add to what was mentioned above regarding FFL to FFL transfer (with BATF form) being shipped via inexpensive USPS.

An individual to FFL transfer has to be over nighted by UPS, FEDEX, etc. That's very expensive as I found out the hard way the one and only time I shipped to a buyers FFL.

I am neither here nor there.

Posts: 7741 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I'll wait until after the holidays to decide if I want to sell the guns or just trade them in at a LGS.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig78257:
Thanks for the replies. I'll wait until after the holidays to decide if I want to sell the guns or just trade them in at a LGS.

Trading in at the LGS is throwing your money away.

Q

Posts: 13420 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

The Doctor knows his stuff.

List them here. Most buyers will know if their FFL will accept transfers from a private party.

Many FFL's don't accept from private sellers because of some of the hassles, loaded guns, not including information on the sale and who it the recipient, vague or missing information from the seller.

Just too many issues for a FFL to deal with once a firearm lands in their lap and they have to deal with it according to Federal Firearm Laws.

But, if you and the buyer talk it over with the receiving FFL and follow his/her instructions, exceptions can be made.

Good luck, whatever way you go. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posts: 36081 | Location: My Happy Little Tire Swing | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Where in Texas are you? It's a big state but I'm an FFL/SOT here close to Fort Worth. I can save you some $$ on shipping if your close. Feel free to pm me.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 4299 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Where in Texas are you? It's a big state but I'm an FFL/SOT here close to Fort Worth. I can save you some $$ on shipping if your close. Feel free to pm me.

Yes, where? You might even get a face to face set up for a "kit."

Posts: 4862 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in San Antonio