SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Deleting old classifieds thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deleting old classifieds thread Login/Join 
posted
I just had a quick question. I had a WTB posted in the classifieds. Since I no longer need it, I deleted it completely. I’ve noticed a lot of users edit their title to “please delete” or something to that extent. Are we supposed to ask permission from moderators, or can we just delete it ourselves? Since it is very simple to delete it yourself, I thought to just do it and do my part to unclutter the classifieds section, but I apologize in advance if I broke a forum rule.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tigerbloodwinning,

Posts: 300 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Once someone replies to your post, you cannot delete the thread.
You can edit all your posts and your thread title.

Since you were the only poster, you were able to delete it.

Requesting a delete is OK, as it de-clutters. (edited my bad info.)

Otherwise, the board has an auto-prune function and threads will fall off after a while.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigmonkey,

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We don't delete classified ads. That would be a full time job.

You shouldn't delete your ad.

If something goes wrong and staff needs to step in, it is helpful if the original ad is intact.

Just let it be auto-pruned.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Tiger,

Just be sure to change the thread title to show that the item has been sold. Save the rest of us from having to click on it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post