SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Question about possible notification options
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about possible notification options Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
I did some looking and haven't seen anything about this so I figured I would ask. Smile

For the notifications on threads you are watching, is it possible with this forum software to add a couple more options other than the instant one?

Most forums I am on have a few different options but the three most common are the instant, daily updates and weekly updates.

The daily is what I end up using the most, you still get a email when someone adds a new post, but you only get one email per thread per day until you come back on the forum to catch up. The instant is nice for some threads...like the cat thread lol Big Grin but some of the more "active" ones, I have days where I will come home to a dozen or so emails which are mostly from the same thread. I actually turned off the notifications on a couple threads because of it.

If it's not a option, it's no big deal. Just more of a curiosity really.

Thanks Smile

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I actually created a filter in my mail box and have a folder setup just for SIG Forum notifications.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Yup, I did set that up as well...sort of. I have a folder for "forum stuff". I could add one more just for Sig forum stuff Big Grin

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post