SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    when item sells in classified, should post be deleted?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

when item sells in classified, should post be deleted? Login/Join 
posted
If I have multiple items for sale in a classified thread, and I sell one, should I delete the one item? or just strike through the text?

And if I have more items to add, should I start a new thread? or add them to the old thread and clean out the original text?

thanks, I checked the rules, but didn't really say anything about editing and deleting classified ads after item sells.

Sig, Colt M-16/M-4/1911 and Glock Armorer.
I love my P229, but if I had to go to a war, I would take my Glock...

Posts: 575 | Location: LI, NY | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
If you are going to sell multiple items in a short amount if time, it’s best to edit one post. The title can be modified to reflect what you are selling, but’s it’s a good idea to keep a sub title of what you sold in the body of the Post so people can reference if they bought the item or other people just following. Don’t have to but it’s a nice to do.

At the end of selling your stuff you can say ‘all sold’ so people know. Some people ask for the thread to be deleted, but really no need to. Eventually the thread will get pruned by time.

I’d say if your ad does not get hit within 4 months it’s okay to start a new one.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick answer!

Sig, Colt M-16/M-4/1911 and Glock Armorer.
I love my P229, but if I had to go to a war, I would take my Glock...

Posts: 575 | Location: LI, NY | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do, just don't violate 2 simple rules.
1- Unless you're a dealer, no selling elsewhere, if you have your stuff for sale on here.
2- Only one active WTS/T, and one WTB, thread allowed at a time.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
When it comes to deleting things in the classifieds..

I'll say this:

We aren't going to delete it for you, and encourage you not to delete it.

At least, until everything has gone fine.

If your sale is not yet complete in some way...

PLEASE DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING.

Sweet buttery Christ, wait til it's all done and everybody is happy, before you delete anything. Just IN CASE we have to deal with shenanigans.

Other than that, in my humble opinion, don't manually delete your ads. They will be auto pruned, and if you're paranoid, you shouldn't be on the internet.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post