SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Question re Forum Software
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question re Forum Software Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
In profile -> preferences, there is an option to suppress avatars and signatures.

How does this work? If this option is selected, does that mean that the avatars and signatures are suppressed at the forum server end, and are not transmitted to the user?

Or, are they transmitted to the user, but not displayed?
Reason for this question: We all know that there are no ads on SIGforum. However, my AdBlockerPlus icon occasionally shows that an ad has been blocked.

Somebody conjectured that the ad might be buried in an avatar. I tried turning avatar display off, refreshed the thread, and there was no change in the "blocked ad" count displayed by AdBlockerPlus.

This is not a problem for me, but it is a puzzle, and I'd like to find the answer just to satisfy my curiosity.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30642 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
They won't be transmitted to you...a good option for those with slower internet speed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post