SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    GoFundMe for Non-profit Gun Club
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GoFundMe for Non-profit Gun Club Login/Join 
posted
I am the current president of a non-profit gun club. We are not classified as a charitable organization, but maintain our non-profit status through conservation work and allowing local police agencies and youth groups to use our facilities free of charge. In addition to rifle and pistol, we have shotgun, archery, hiking trails, and catch and release fishing for our members. We also hold paid public events in these various disciplines.

We have a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase 70 acres of adjoining land, which would allow us to greatly expand our facilities, including the addition of a 500 yard rifle range. Having this land will also prevent subdivisions from being built there. If that happens, we will probably be fighting just to keep the club open in a few years.

We plan to raise membership dues to pay for a mortgage on this land, but the problem is that the bank wants $175,000 down and we do not have that kind of cash available. I'm asking for permission to post a link to a GoFundMe campaign to raise this down payment. The GoFundMe campaign will stipulate that if we are unable to complete the purchase, the donations will be refunded.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Here is our club website:
http://www.ccfsa.com

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Not saying that this will work, but sometimes the NRA will help with this type of thing.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is this something you've asked me about before, Rich?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para,

I have never asked for money here, and I felt a little bad about asking since this doesn't approach the level of personal tragedy experienced by others who have asked, but since it is a cause I am passionate about and the members have shown themselves to be generous and interested in promoting the shooting sports I thought I would ask.
If you don't think it meets the criteria or will open a floodgate of requests to the detriment of this site, I gladly accept that decision.

PS: In case you think I was trying to paste the link before receiving permission, the link is to our club website so you could check us out. The GoFundMe isn't even active yet.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Go ahead and post it, but, yes, I want members to stop putting me in a position where I have to say yes or no to this stuff.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post