SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Flork’s PhotoBucket photos are kaput
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flork’s PhotoBucket photos are kaput Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
In this nailed thread, Flork’s PhotoBucket photos are kaput.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...30601935/m/908103701

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Almost everyone's PhotoBucket photos have been kaput for years now.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
TinyPic was another large photo hosting site that went kaput lately, so the shrugging smiley face has become an increasingly frequent sight too.

But yeah, it's kinda frustrating to run across a photo thread or tutorial pertaining to something you're working on, only to discover nothing but broken pics.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
In this nailed thread, Flork’s PhotoBucket photos are kaput.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...30601935/m/908103701

They're still showing up, to me.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
In the first post of the Flork thread, I see fuzzy place holder images, marked “host. store. share. photobucket”. But not the pistol slides with Great Globs of Grease that were originally present.

Flork’s photobucket-hosted avatar is fuzzy for me too. But not for you?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Can't see the pics either.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Can't see the pics either.

Latest: PB's primary data center crashed on 12/18/19, and they are still working on fixing the damn thing. A couple of days after the crash, they lied to us by saying the majority of the members were back online. Fact is, nobody's pics are back online. As of today, they are still unavailable. The following is the latest garbage that was emailed yesterday by their CEO.

quote:
Dear Photobucket Members,

We apologize for the most recent site outage that impacted you over the last several days. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We experienced a total power outage at our primary datacenter. Because of the abrupt nature of the power outage, our system wasn’t able to utilize backup processes to stay online without interruption. Over the past several days, many of our systems have come back online and we’re making progress so that our site is available to all Members. The process has taken longer than expected and we are working diligently to bring the site up as fast as possible without compromising any photos on the site. Most importantly, your photos are safe!

I’m sorry, I understand your frustration as well as the hardship you may have experienced over the past week. We all rely on trusted digital partners to make our lives easier and when they let us down it’s irritating and disruptive.

We’ve learned a lot from this experience and we are taking major steps to prevent this from happening again. We continue to work around the clock until the website is fully functional for every Member and we will keep you updated as things progress. Over the next few months, our focus will shift to rolling out a new website and new mobile apps, built on a more reliable platform.

Thank you for your commitment and loyalty to Photobucket!

Ted

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Phuck PhotoBucket.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
We can't do a thing about it.

If he'd like to come back and restore the photos on another host, great. Otherwise, it's an old thread, so y'all will just have to tough it out.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Scott posted that and then we also duplicated it on the Grayguns website. It's still available with the photos.

https://grayguns.com/lubricati...-sauer-pistol-rails/

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
See if these pictures are larger?

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post