SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    How do I send a private message?

Moderators: lbj, parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
How do I send a private message? Login/Join 
posted
I'm pretty new here.... Been over on the Ruger Forum.com for about a decade with out causing any trouble... even though I do stir the pot on the rare occasion. But I am not a troll.

I recently got suspended from this forum (blume357) and for the life of me can't figure out why. I sent several emails to the web.master, parabellum I think, but did not get a response. If I did something wrong and deserved to be suspended then I would just like to know why. Is there a way to private message parabellum?

I got re-registered as blume9mm... did not change anything in my new profile other than my forum name... real name address and everything else stayed the same.

Posts: 9 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
No PM feature here. Email him at webmaster@sigforum.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

Posts: 13804 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
Blume9mm welcome to the forum. The rules here are not always written so hang around and you will become familiar with them. They pretty much sum up to be "act like an adult, be polite and use good common sense."

There are a few written rules that you can read at top of each section. The biggest reason I see new people get suspended or banned here is because they join and immediately start using the Classified Section without participating in other sections or they list something here that they have listed elsewhere.

A very important point that will keep you out of trouble, anyways it has me for several years is to remember this is a private forum run and supported by the owners and a couple of senior members. We are all guest here and most of us consider the other members like family. As a guest you are expected to act like one. When the Boss Man speaks, listen and take heed. The fastest way to get bounced is to talk back or argue with him when he tells you something. It's his house so he gets to make the rules.

It's a good place to hang out and it is both educational and entertaining. There is probably not a profession in the world that there is not someone here who is an expert on so it is a valuable source of information when you need it.

Rather than trying to find out what went wrong last time, now that you are back in just lay low, read a lot of entries and participate and before long you will know what you did and know what not to do.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 546 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If you got suspended it was probably for a good reason by Para's standards. I doubt he'll appreciate you re-registering under a different user name to circumvent his action. It might be best to wait for Para, LDD or LBJ to respond.

You might try clicking the yellow triangle in the lower right corner and see if that prompts a response.

I would support President Trump selecting Barack as the next ambassador to Afghanistan...and Hillary to Syria.

Posts: 7676 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have no notes on that account but I do recall pulling the trigger on it. Classifieds, wasn't it? Did you have any ads in Classifieds?

There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it. ― George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 78580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, not classifieds.. even though I understand that rule.... I've bought a number of guns from folks on the Ruger forum but never from a newby.

Not really a big deal, as posted above it is your house. It's possible I said something stupid on some post... but the problem is that you deleted all my post and so I could not go back and see what it was. I try not to say stupid things but sometimes .......

Posts: 9 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's see- politics is another great way to get booted. Any strong opinions about, oh, say, President Trump? Any chance you touched on this subject?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shalloo?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Lacking any further response from you, your new ID will be disabled.

posted Hide Post
Hope not... I started to respond this morning but was in a hurry.... I'm often tied up with work.

Shalloo?

what does that mean?

I know I did not post in the classifieds.... and I really don't think I said anything too political. But it sure seems to me like a lot of folks are posting very strong political opinions here.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
See, the thing is, the internet- although comprised of billions of sites- is in actual use a pretty small place. For example- here's a excerpt from a post of yours in another gun forum:
quote:
I joined about a month or so ago. To be honest, not overly impressed.... lots of bull and way too many members use language that I find distasteful in a public forum... but I go there every couple of days and browse and reply at times...
You then proceed to speculate on a specific exchange with another member which you think may have been the reason behind your banishment, and yet, I ask you and ask you again for what you think may have been the cause, and you have no answer for me.

You then end your post in the other forum by declaring your banishment to be tantamount to the actions of "third world countries".

You also say in that post that none of this really matters to you, but that you just want to know the reason.
So, if I take you at your word on this, that means that the emails you sent me and you taking the time to re-register in this forum just so you could start this thread- you did all that not because you want to be a member here, but because that you by God will have an answer from the administration of this forum.
If none of this really matters to you, this is the conclusion I have to come to.

Now, do you wish to be a member here or not? If you do want to be here and you can adhere to our guidelines, you can stay.

posted Hide Post
I appoligize... it is easy to be miss construed on the internet. My only frustration was not knowing why I was suspended.... and I said more than I should on the Ruger forum about it... but with that said, it seems we still don't know why I was suspended. I actually think it was a mistake, but I could be wrong, I was once before. :-) I'll do my best to follow the rules and if I break them then of course I will pay. It just would be nice to know that you broke a rule... if you don't know you made a mistake, then how can you do better?

by the way, I really like Sigs. And am going back to the Sig Academy for another class in June.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You were banned- internationally and by me. It was not a mistake. I suspended your posting rights and removed all your posts and followed my SOP of not responding to email queries about suspensions.

Just take some time to get to know the forum.