SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    I Will Miss the Fun POLITICAL Pictures/Memes Thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Will Miss the Fun POLITICAL Pictures/Memes Thread Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted
I'm really sad to see it go. Everyone was doing so well with it - no discussions, comments, etc. It was a thread I looked forward to viewing every single day. And, quite often, I would save one of the files and send them to friends and family.

Just goes to show once again: It only takes one person to screw things up for the rest. And, if the offender had just shown the right attitude - namely contrition for making a mistake - it might not have ended with the locking of the thread.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
^^^^What he said! Truly a sorrowful day when one ^&%$& &$@#$( can ruin it for all of us.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Remember guys, you can't cure stupid. One dick-weed "trys da man", guess what -- da man wins.

Tinyman

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Para, any chance you would reconsider closing the thread? Been watching it for yours. I realize you have been super tolerant with jackwagons that don’t follow the rules over the years but, this is the only place I get my daily dose of news, commentary and comedy. I don’t have Facebook or twitter and all those other social media’s. I think others would agree we will miss the truly funny meme’s that get posted in that thread.

I plead with you, have mercy on the rest of us!

Posts: 397 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Locking the thread actually gives the win to the one guy who no doubt doesn't give a crap.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, horse shit. "If you (yaddayadda), the terrorists win." That shit is two decades old and it's as wrong now as it was when people starting spewing it.

How long have you been here? Do you think an approach such as the one you took in this thread ever is effective upon me?

If you want to convince me to open the thread, don't insult my intelligence.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really is to bad it had to be closed, but Kraquin was way out of line behaving towards the owner like that.

But I suspect, with as popular as that thread was that if they decide to come back after moderated status there will be a lot of GTFO going on when they try to participate in other members threads.

RIP dummie.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Para,

Whether or not you unlock this thread, there are plenty of triggers that will cause you to lock us out. Politics in the non-political meme thread being one, comments on physical appearance another, and then the one that got my most recent discussion locked, using the "phrase that shall not be uttered" when describing Islam. I still cannot believe folks have not got that one figured out yet.

Most (the majority) of us appreciate your inviting us into your Forum each day so that we may meet up and discuss, solve, joke or maybe just vent a bit. We know the rules and do our best to abide by them and enforce them with newer or less-regular members as we can...but we are limited in our options. At best, we can 'post' within a thread and hope the member sees and changes it before you do.

How would you prefer obvious transgressions like this handled by membership in the future?

Would it be appropriate to use the 'report post' feature so that you can know that we are trying to fix something someone posted, and you can then also step in and deal with the offending poster as you see fit?

Thank you, Para.

John

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Those who have never stepped over a line someplace in your life, raise your hand.

Hmmm . . . I don't see that many hands. Wink

I have made "bad posts" here, more than once. Mr. Bellum (that's the formal way to address para) has whacked me with his ruler, more than once. I have had enough sense to refrain from arguing with him. I acknowledged, apologized, and we all moved on.

Once, it was not clear to me why my post was not good, so I asked. Not to argue the case, but to understand, so that I would not transgress the same way again (I can always find a new and different way to screw up. Wink) I received an explanation, I understood, and I did not do that thing again, nor did I argue about it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
the one that got my most recent discussion locked, using the "phrase that shall not be uttered" when describing Islam. I still cannot believe folks have not got that one figured out yet.

What kind of moron would do that?

Another plea to open the locked political meme thread Sir

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
the one that got my most recent discussion locked, using the "phrase that shall not be uttered" when describing Islam. I still cannot believe folks have not got that one figured out yet.

What kind of moron would do that?

The same kind who would post 'body shaming' memes in this thread Wink

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...5/m/6520084424/p/264

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Aside of the Lol thread in my sig, I don’t think I have ever seen Para that pissed off.
I’m dying to know, what the hell did that guy post? (No need to share the meme, just a description, if that’s acceptable to ask?)

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I see the thread's reopened and wanted to swing by and say "Thanks, Para!" Smile

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
I see the thread's reopened and wanted to swing by and say "Thanks, Para!" Smile

Yes - thanks Para for reopening the thread!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post