SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Classified Posting Permissions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classified Posting Permissions Login/Join 
posted
Hello Para,

I emailed you about my access rights but not sure if the message made it.

I any case, my Classifieds permissions were revoked after a WTB ad went wrong with another member who interpreted my offer sight unseen pending pics as a binding commitment. I offered to proceed with a modified transaction (for the two items I could use) even though I had already found these items elsewhere (to smooth things over) but got no reply. I wanted to work it out but the other user did not like my reply I guess. I did let him know that I did not want to do business that way - I felt I was being bullied into a transaction I had not entered into.

Of course this is speculation and I would like to know what I did if this is not what went wrong. I checked the rules and tried to find what I may have violated but thought I was within my rights to make sure the deal was right for me. I have to say this has really bothered me because I have never been banned from anything before!

I have completed many transactions here (just purchased two beautiful west germans from a member) and on other sites (275+ perfect feedback on eBay since '98) and am interested in continuing to participate. Yes there are other forums but this one is unique; this is where I find what I need for my Sig hobby. Parts, firearms....this is where you find 'em...as well as knowledge, reference, etc.

I am interested in continuing to be a member of this community; please let me know what I did wrong or what I should do different next time.

I understand if I have to be 'offline' for awhile for whatever I did but would hate to not be allowed back.

Thank you for your consideration.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I created a WTB ad elsewhere to find the last item I need (because I'm restricted from posting here) but I was unable to edit my original post to remove it here. I know posts here are exclusive. I am sorry for this; I don't know how else to handle other than to just explain.

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Could you be the mystery poster?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1880018914

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure, Ronin. Maybe? But I've been around for awhile and *thought* I knew the rules? I've sold very little here; mostly been a buyer TBH. In the thread, they talk about people 'using' SigForum...but the sellers were certainly glad to take my money...one of the posters in that thread has sold to me TWICE. I wouldn't argue that my presence here has been a drag...

Anyway, I don't post much but I visit a lot. I have found this forum to be a wealth of information; I have referenced the serial # list SO many times! Just haven't found the need to contribute much.

I'm sure Para will clear it up when he has time.

EDIT - I saw you linked back to this thread. Is that whole thread really about me? I'm not sure what would warrant that? Surely not b/c I view more than I post? I wonder what would have triggered this suddenly...

Posts: 213 | Location: North Texas (DFW) | Registered: July 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, your access rights to Classifieds were revoked because all you're doing is using us for buying and selling stuff.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...tType=1&u=2620099383

Ask me again in 90 days, at which point the answer may once again be to ask me in 90 days. In the interim, I don't want to hear a single word about getting back in. 90 days.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. You're the boss. I will not bother you again about this for 90 days. I will try to participate more in the main forums during that time; I assume this is the expectation?

FWIW I do value all the resources here, not just the classifieds. I guess it's not possible to see but I have read and learned a lot from the people here.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You assume correctly.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Para I was hoping that you might be willing to reconsider your position on my classifieds access.

I do not know if I have posted enough to satisfy your requirement but I read the forums pretty regularly as i did before and have contributed where it seemed appropriate.

In any case, I would appreciate the ability the participate in the buy/sell part of the community once again. It is, quite simply, the best place to find and sell Sigs and related items.

Thanks