SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    New Approach to Raffle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Approach to Raffle Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let us have no molestation of the man's thread.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
This thread or the actual raffle thread?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow. $35 ticket for a chance at a P228 with the funds going towards educational costs in the healthcare industry. If it makes any difference to anyone, I used to work 80 hour shifts straight as an EMT in order to get into this nursing program.

Why am I being scolded?

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No sir, no auction. I told you that you could post a link to your gofundme.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No sir, no auction. I told you that you could post a link to your gofundme.

Yes sir, that is all I intended to do. But I would need to explain the raffle process so that a SF member knows how they can win, by raffle (not auction), the P228.

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amsmith281:
Wow. $35 ticket for a chance at a P228 with the funds going towards educational costs in the healthcare industry. If it makes any difference to anyone, I used to work 80 hour shifts straight as an EMT in order to get into this nursing program.

Why am I being scolded?

Self indulgence?

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes sir, that is all I intended to do. But I would need to explain the raffle process so that a SF member knows how they can win, by raffle (not auction), the P228.
Nope, ain't happenin'.

Straight-up crowdfunding by collection, or nothing.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why am I being scolded?

Since YOU asked....

You are not being scolded.

You are being scoffed at.

You do nothing any different than the average member of this forum does. Works VERY hard, and does their best to succeed.

You are asking forum members to pay for your education and essentially offer you a free ride.

There are members here that I can count on both hands without even trying who are worthy of a Sig Forum GoFundMe, and if permitted, would likely exceed $10k in hours. In fact that has happened here, 3 times that I can think of over the past few years.

You come with hat in hand asking for a handout, it makes me so angry I am literally shaking as I type this.

And....and...AND...how fucking dare you offer items up for karma, and then use those karmas as justification as to why you are worthy of a GoFundMe, and examples of how you have contributed to the forum. Puh-leeze. What you write here is possibly the funniest most disgusting thing I have ever read here, and obviously have no clue what the purpose of a real karma is.

I'd like to believe that even though I have only been a member here for just over a year, I have contributed more than the average bear during that time span. I enjoy paying back the knowledge and information I have received by many members, by initiating Karma giveaways. I have given out expensive sunglasses, holsters, and even aluminum grips that all could have been sold in the classified section, but I felt honored to repay my experiences here by simply giving them away.

Give me a freeking break snowflake. Now please, post your GoFundMe thread and then go away.

Unreal the lack of situational awareness that you have.

Mad

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Nope, ain't happenin'.

Then how do I determine who gets the P228, just use the Karmanator?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're not raffling a pistol here. There is no difference between raffling it directly here and pointing forum members to a crowdfunding site to buy the same tickets for the same item.

You can always put your pistol up for sale in Classifieds.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
obtuse |əbˈt(y)o͞osäbˈt(y)o͞os|
adjective

annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand: he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nope, ain't happenin'.

Just go away.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Para is playing this beautifully.
This will turn out to be a classic in SIGfoumlore. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Nope, ain't happenin'.

Just go away.
What, miss all the fun? This has the potential of out-doing Cliff.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:

You can always put your pistol up for sale in Classifieds.

I could be interested in a 228, I'll keep my eyes peeled in the classifieds.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Mr. Smith,

You got some nerves. I told you not to pursue it any further, but you press on. So here goes.

A couple of days ago, OP sent me an unsolicited email with his, you guess it, sob story, begging for contribution to his crapfunding, and asked me to forward the email to others. I totally ignored it. I actually trashed it, but now am glad I didn't empty the trash.

So, today, I happened to see this thread, I just couldn't believe it.

1- Para already told you repeatedly no, but you persisted. Strike 1.

2- You know what a giveaway is? Do you even know what it means? Give, expect nothing in return! NOTHING. So, for you to sit here and keep counts of your so-called "karmas" Roll Eyes as bargaining chips is totally disgusting. It pissed me off, and I'm 100% certain that the members who read this feel the same way. I wish those who won your damn "freebies" throw them right back at you. Strike 2.

3- "200 posts in 1 year on this forum. There are hundreds of members that have been here years longer with less than that, and, who have never provided back with quality karma items." Your "karmas" mean jack shit now, as far as I'm concerned (see above). And since you are that clueless, yes, there are members who don't give karmas, but their contributions to the forum are tons more valuable than any material things. Strike 3.

4- Give us the sob story about how hard your life has been and how expensive nursing school is, and expect folks to bleed their heart and pay for your schooling? I'll wager that every single one of us on here are hard working and had tough lives, so you are not that special. You're not the only one with "serious personal issues", sir.
You lecture me on expensive schooling? I worked my way through schools and with loans. I have scraped the bottom of the barrel and worked my tail off and paid every single penny back with interest, including $125K in med school obligations. Didn't go around begging for free shit. Strike 4.

You got the nerves of emailing me saying how disappointed you were of my comment above? Should have left well enough alone, but you didn't. So there it is. Truth.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Q for your response. It's impossible to fully understand an individual's journey through life and obstacles they've faced. But I appreciate your input.

I 100% thought that when I approached Para with this raffle idea, it would be a big hit. Obviously I was wrong.

I wish everyone the best and I'll pray for this wonderful group of members for good health and happiness throughout life.

For those that have wished for me to disappear, I am truly sorry I offended you. I will delete my account and you will never hear from me again.

God bless.

-Andrew

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
"Gone to soon."

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Classic sanctimonious snowflake from seattle.

From another thread: "Thought it might have had something to do with the wonderful karma giveaways I'd done over the year Smile"

Quite full of himself. Members here have done wonderful things and never mentioned it or asked for Thanks.

quote:
I haven't been able to sell these things for 2 years, so here they are up for a new Karma.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: braillediver,

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
I 100% thought that when I approached Para with this raffle idea, it would be a big hit. Obviously I was wrong.

Over 1k views in just two days, and in The Office? There's not another thread in this area that comes close to that, I think you knocked this one out of the park, maybe just maybe not the type of hit you were seeking.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post