SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    New Approach to Raffle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Approach to Raffle Login/Join 
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amsmith281:
I will delete my account and you will never hear from me again.

-Andrew

And we have a winner.....

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I truly hope we don't think we need a sticky to remind members here not to be sanctimonious, entitled douchenozzles.

Agreed. And people like him that go into nursing do not last.
You want appreciation for the good works that you do? You will not get it, except in the rarest cases, as a nurse. If you're not internally motivated to do what needs to be done simply because you know it's the right thing to do, you will become very disillusioned, very quickly.
Oh, and one other piece of advice for "Mr EMT going to nursing school": the money ain't that great. If you're going into it just to get "real money" you'll quit even sooner.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In case you guys are wondering why I granted permission to this guy to ask us for money, it's because I knew how this would end up- if he had an actual fundraiser, he had alienated forum members and no one would contribute, and then he would leave the forum. If he declined my offer and he stayed, he would have eventually left because he had alienated members of the forum with this ridiculous and intelligence-insulting "I deserve this because I gave away some stuff here" argument.

I'll again say that this guy has no clue whatsoever about the nature of the fellowship in this forum. No clue of any kind. Zero.

Furthermore, the following crossed my mind: a non-member views the forum casually and sees that members are benevolent for good causes- thousands of dollars of charity freely and happily given. Then, join the forum and spend a year posting a couple of hundred times, while giving away sunglasses or whatever a time or two. Then, after you feel you've established your credentials, ask for money, based upon the unique position of needing money to survive, and life is hard. These things are exclusive to him, though. Everyone else here is on Easy Street.

Yes, I'm saying that one explanation for this really bizarre behavior is that this was all calculated from the start, every last bit of it, from before he even joined. Think about it. He knew when he would need to pony up for his tuition, knew it last year at this time.

Jus' sayin'

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geektoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In case you guys are wondering why I granted permission to this guy to ask us for money, it's because I knew how this would end up- if he had an actual fundraiser, he had alienated forum members and no one would contribute, and then he would leave the forum. If he declined my offer and he stayed, he would have eventually left because he had alienated members of the forum with this ridiculous and intelligence-insulting "I deserve this because I gave away some stuff here" argument.

I'll again say that this guy has no clue whatsoever about the nature of the fellowship in this forum. No clue of any kind. Zero.

Furthermore, the following crossed my mind: a non-member views the forum casually and sees that members are benevolent for good causes- thousands of dollars of charity freely and happily given. Then, join the forum and spend a year posting a couple of hundred times, while giving away sunglasses or whatever a time or two. Then, after you feel you've established your credentials, ask for money, based upon the unique position of needing money to survive, and life is hard. These things are exclusive to him, though. Everyone else here is on Easy Street.

Yes, I'm saying that one explanation for this really bizarre behavior is that this was all calculated from the start, every last bit of it, from before he even joined. Think about it. He knew when he would need to pony up for his tuition, knew it last year at this time.

Jus' sayin'

You nailed it Para. This was a long con, plain and simple.

Posts: 95 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I see another thread in his future with "How do I delete my account?" Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In case you guys are wondering why ...

Your mama an dem, didn't raise no fool.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Watching for
Falling Rocks
Picture of erratic
posted Hide Post
I never quite made it past "I appreciate and respect MOST of you." What the hell was that supposed to mean?

Posts: 858 | Location: North Florida Mountains | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I never quite made it past "I appreciate and respect MOST of you." What the hell was that supposed to mean?

Classic passive aggressive behavior.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erratic:
Judging from the email message that she sent me, I am not among those whom she respects and appreciates.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you Q for your response. It's impossible to fully understand an individual's journey through life and obstacles they've faced. But I appreciate your input.

I 100% thought that when I approached Para with this raffle idea, it would be a big hit. Obviously I was wrong.

I wish everyone the best and I'll pray for this wonderful group of members for good health and happiness throughout life.

For those that have wished for me to disappear, I am truly sorry I offended you. I will delete my account and you will never hear from me again.

God bless.

-Andrew

Oh, how nice. Praying, and good health, and happiness, and God bless on the surface. But, behind the scene, it's laced with anger and profanity. Wow! What a hypocrite. Roll Eyes

You will never get it.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I think back on the raffles we have had, and why we have had them, and what this member is asking for is so far removed from those things, it's laughable.

Sad really.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

200 posts in 1 year on this forum. There are hundreds of members that have been here years longer with less than that, and, who have never provided back with quality karma items.

And yet we to obey the rules.

Mayhem

Destination anywhere so far gone I'm almost there!

Posts: 25 | Location: Republik of Kalifornia | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erratic:

I noticed that MOST crap of his.

The boy is a slow learner I don't think he would have made it riding she short bus to nursing school.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I just read where he posted in the karma that 12131 had giving a P228 away. If he would have won that wonderful karma from 12131 would he be trying to sell that too?

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
How are we ever going to know if he finishes nursing school?

You have to go to school to nurse?
When my wife had our first born she started nursing right away.
I wouldn't consider the OJT I gave her while we were dating "School".

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
TMI George, TMI.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mayhem:
quote:

200 posts in 1 year on this forum. There are hundreds of members that have been here years longer with less than that, and, who have never provided back with quality karma items.

And yet we to obey the rules.

That's just plain solid gold, man. That made me smile. You have a knack for timing your posts.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey , I like waffles

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooohhhh...I'm one of those that's been here for awhile and don't have as many posts as Captain PayMyTuition...guess he really called me out and now I feel so down that I need a safe space...

Will someone post a picture of a bunny with a pancake on its head to make me feel better??? Please??? Someone???

...anyone??? Wink

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post