SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    New Approach to Raffle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Approach to Raffle Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amsmith281:
For one, it's for a good cause.

This was my favorite part. Thank you for the laugh.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He also emailed LDD and appealed to him after I'd said 'no' twice.

If clues were clothing he'd never get out of his birthday suit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
How many members have received emails from Mr. Smith?

Show of hands, please.

Dr. 12131 is one, LDD makes two, I make three, ... who else?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And yes, he's emailed members to try to play on their emotions, or to admonish them for not fully acknowledging his good works to the members of this forum.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I feel left out. I didn't get one. I have received emails directly form a few members an they are welcomed. None ever requested funding.

with as many here, you always get a dud or two.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
How many members have received emails from Mr. Smith?

Show of hands, please.

Dr. 12131 is one, LDD makes two, I make three, ... who else?

Me. It was after I posted the initial scathing review, which I have since reconsidered and removed. I figured that he was getting beat up enough that he didn't need the forum's #1 asshole chiming in and chastising him. If he truly has fallen into a pile of hard times, I feel for him, but I definitely disagree with his approach.

I believe Ronin1069 also received an email or three.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
How are we ever going to know if he finishes nursing school?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
How are we ever going to know if he finishes nursing school?

Hope I never meet him in a medical facility Eek

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened to having a cardboard sign at the local intersection?? Are those approaches frowned upon these days?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Intersting that he has closed his GoFundMe (not difficult to find) after being shut down here.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
That makes sense. He was banking on Sigforum to cover his tuition.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He also emailed LDD and appealed to him after I'd said 'no' twice.

If clues were clothing he'd never get out of his birthday suit.

Once Parabellum gives you an answer, you have your answer.

A member who believes that they are entitled to the opportunity to seek contributions from the forum is mistaken.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I feel for the guy...I really do, but we have all experienced hardships......I'm a molecular biologist and my education want cheap, but it was my decision to go into this field and, call it personal pride or accountability, but no one else is responsible for me bit me....hell, I was fired 2 years ago and had problems finding another job in my profession so I went back to cooking and bartending to make ends meet. It sucked but I had bills and was working close to 2 full-time jobs while still going to interviews....the go fund me craze as of late has completely bewildered me.

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
I feel left out. I didn't get one.
In the spirit of sharing, I'd be happy to forward mine to you, if you like.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This thread is illustrative of the reasons we stopped permitting crowdfunding in the forum. There will be exceptions, of course but in the main, such things will not be allowed here.

As has been pointed out by several members, our confused friend simply has no idea whatsoever of the nature of the fellowship in this forum.

And yes, if you think your charitable acts should net you a return, then those acts are not in reality charitable.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
This thread is illustrative of the reasons we stop permitting crowdfunding in the forum.

Consider making this one a sticky?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're kidding, right?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You're kidding, right?

LOL - yes.

Once again I am nearly doomed because the witty expressions and tones I use in my warped mind, do not translate well into text.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I truly hope we don't think we need a sticky to remind members here not to be sanctimonious, entitled douchenozzles.

Posts: 32427 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post