SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    New Approach to Raffle
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Approach to Raffle Login/Join 
posted
Members of SIG Forum, I appreciate and respect most of you. I have even gotten to know some of you on a more personal level. However, please leave this thread for Para and the other mods only for responses.

I'd like to believe that even though I have only been a member here for just over a year, I have contributed more than the average bear during that time span. I enjoy paying back the knowledge and information I have received by many members, by initiating Karma giveaways. I have given out expensive sunglasses, holsters, and even aluminum grips that all could have been sold in the classified section, but I felt honored to repay my experiences here by simply giving them away.

But now, I'm a nursing student with an EMT background, and I have exhausted all options possible (including military opportunities) without success to afford tuition expenses. On top of that, I have gone through hell to get to the point in my career and have had to deal with several serious personal issues.

I own a W. German P228 KD date code in very good condition that I would like to raffle off.

I have already been declined the opportunity to initiate this raffle exclusively here on SF, so I have resorted to using a GoFundMe account.

MY question: May I please create a link to that fundraiser on the other website in a thread on this forum?

Respectfully,
Andrew Smith
ams1985@uw.edu

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Lol

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why is that funny?

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Because you've been told no and you keep trying.

How much money is it that you need? Now is not the time to fudge the numbers. How much do you need, honestly?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told to not begin a raffle on your Forum Para, that is not what I am asking to do now.

I understand $6,500 is a lot, and I doubt I would reach that goal, but every little bit helps.

A W. German P228 is a pretty damn good raffle for $35 per ticket, in my opinion.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I can read. Can you?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
216 posts in this forum, about a dozen of which you've used to ask for money. Look at all those members who have thousands of posts. They aren't asking for money. What makes you think this is something to which members would be willing to contribute?

Is Washington your home, born and raised?

posted Hide Post
For one, it's for a good cause. Education in the healthcare field is experiencing shortages all over the world.

Second, $35 for a chance at a W. German P228 seems like a damn good risk.

200 posts in 1 year on this forum. There are hundreds of members that have been here years longer with less than that, and, who have never provided back with quality karma items.

This is your forum Para, so I will respect and abide by whatever your decision is, and I certainly do not ever want to argue with you. I simply wanted to be able to post a link to the fundraiser.

posted Hide Post
No sir. I was born and raised near Baltimore, MD. Then quickly moved to Texas. Now I reside in WA for healthcare career education.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You don't respect my decisions. I've told you no and you keep coming back.

Here's what we'll do. You go ahead and post your link. No one will give you a hard time.

When your gofundme closes, you'll voluntarily leave this forum for good.

Take it or leave it.

You keep putting me in a position where by my saying 'no'- which I've already told you and I've told members not to ask for crowdfunding in this forum- I come off looking like Simon LeGree, so this is what you get.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
amsmith, you were determined to have an answer on this and I'd appreciate the courtesy of a reply.

No doubt, you do not care for my offer, but it's as close as I can get to the wisdom of Solomon; I don't have to again tell you 'no', and you get to make a real choice. What's it going to be?

posted Hide Post
I have been contemplating your offer Para. I treasure this forum, and to have to leave in order to preserve my nursing education is an extremely tough decision.

Out of respect to you, I am not going to respond to the other person in this thread.

Could you please give me until tomorrow afternoon to think about this?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure

posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Just, wow.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, where would you like me to initiate the thread?

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Just, wow.

Right.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amsmith281:
Para, where would you like me to initiate the thread?
Be my guest. Any section of the forum you wish.

Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
After all his bullshit who is actually going to get in on that raffle at this point? He just alienated most of the members with his bullshit.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post