SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Showing threads with new posts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Showing threads with new posts Login/Join 
Banned
posted
Using an Apple iPad when I go to a section of the forum, threads with new posts since my last visit show with the yellow "bulb" and those I've seen are white "bulb"

With my Win 10 laptop this does not happen. But all other forums I visit threads with something new since my last visit do show in some manner.

I have tried to figure out if I can set something to make this happen for my laptop with this forum but no joy.

Am I missing something or is it just not possible?

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Okay, dumb question. Did you write this post on your iPad or laptop. If iPad, check to see if your are logged into the SF on your laptop. If you wrote this on your laptop, I dunno. I get the yellow bulb on all my devices when I'm logged into the SF.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Okay, dumb question. Did you write this post on your iPad or laptop. If iPad, check to see if your are logged into the SF on your laptop. If you wrote this on your laptop, I dunno. I get the yellow bulb on all my devices when I'm logged into the SF.

I wrote the post from my iPad and was logged in.

When I do laptop, I'm logged in.

Posts: 118 | Location: Hampton, VA / Salvo, NC | Registered: June 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A wild guess here, maybe something to do with cookies and / or cache. You could try clearing those and see if that fixes the situation.

I am not familiar with Windows 10; is there a way to clear history items (cookies, cache) selectively for (a) specific website(s)?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
A wild guess here, maybe something to do with cookies and / or cache. You could try clearing those and see if that fixes the situation.

I am not familiar with Windows 10; is there a way to clear history items (cookies, cache) selectively for (a) specific website(s)?

Yeah, I've tried all the tricks I know in the cookies/cache area, but no joy.

I'm fairly certain it is a quirk in WIN 10 as I have another problem with another site, where I post and the post eventually disappears. Neither I or the site administrator can figure out why.

Banned
posted Hide Post
Another thing that is strange in WIN 10 is sections of the forum and threads within those sections that I have opened are not consistently shown in red. Some are, some not. iPad is consistent in this area.

Picture of thezoltar
posted Hide Post
My Win10 laptop works normally in this area using IE11 or Edge. What browser are you using with Win10?

======
...welcome to the barnyard...some animals are more equal than others

Posts: 952 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thezoltar:
My Win10 laptop works normally in this area using IE11 or Edge. What browser are you using with Win10?

I use I.E., don't recall exact version and don't have it with me, but it is on auto update

Banned
posted Hide Post
Version is Edge 40.15063.0.0 and EdgeHTML 15.15063