SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Need to change E-Mail associated with my account.

Moderators: lbj, parabellum

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Need to change E-Mail associated with my account. Login/Join 
posted
My work Email has changed, and is rather unstable. I no longer have access to the account I originally signed up with, so I can't retrieve notifications, etc. I'd really like to use my gmail.com, since it's my only "lifetime" account. Now that I'm established member, can I do this?

Posts: 183 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Report This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI to the O.P.

You can use GMail as your public e-mail address for members to contact you, but your 'site' address cannot be gmail or any other 'free' type accounts.

For what it's worth, here is what I do. My Comcast.net address is my forum I.D. e-mail, but I have it set to forward all my notifications to my GMail.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 7594 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Just an FYI to the O.P.

You can use GMail as your public e-mail address for members to contact you, but your 'site' address cannot be gmail or any other 'free' type accounts.

For what it's worth, here is what I do. My Comcast.net address is my forum I.D. e-mail, but I have it set to forward all my notifications to my GMail.
That's the way I understood it too. I thought established members might get a pass on this. I don't have another account I can use, so if I lose my password, I'm S.O.L. And I can't get notifications...

Posts: 183 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Report This Post