SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Is Something Wrong with Hit Counter, SIG Pistols?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Something Wrong with Hit Counter, SIG Pistols? Login/Join 
posted
I have noticed on a previous thread that not all my replies were being counted and now on my most recent one I have 18 replies but it is only registered as for replies. Has anyone experienced something similar? Is something wrong with the hit counter?

The threat is entitled "you will buy a SIG or forever regret it!!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you say "hit counter" are you talking about the box on the main Sig pistols page that shows how many replies are in your thread? Because it says 18.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Does it matter?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
When you say "hit counter" are you talking about the box on the main Sig pistols page that shows how many replies are in your thread? Because it says 18.

Yes that is correct the hit counter for replies on SIG pistol page. It seems to be working now and thanks for your reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that often the "views" in many threads does not update until there is a reply.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's the Russians, again.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's jacked up.

I have only posted 12 times on the SIGforum.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
This has been answered before. Just use the search function.
Razz Smile

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
My guess is the server caches those numbers and only updates occasionally.

This site is SUPER fast, and features like the number of views or replies to a post is not critical. Keeping those updated would take processing power and slow things down.

I'd rather have a fast site.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yes, the page view counter updates on a delayed clock when there are no fresh relies, like every hour or two or something
The page view counter updates immediately when there is a post.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
oh my... Roll Eyes

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post