SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    How do I delete post?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I delete post? Login/Join 
Picture of schrack
posted
I think computers were designed to drive me crazier, How do I delete a post?

Posts: 2489 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
In the lower right hand corner is an eraser icon. Click on that, taking you to a prompt to delete the message.

Or you can click on the yellow triangle and ask a moderator to move, delete or edit.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
One of the easiest, but not the prettiest, is to simply edit the post, remove all the content, and just put "Deleted" in its place.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of schrack
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Delawhere??????????????? | Registered: June 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
This brings to mind a question that I’ve wondered about. Suppose that you initiate a thread, which gets one or more additional posts by others. Then you delete your OP. Does the entire thread disappear? If not, who is then identified as the thread originator?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8924 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Unless something has changed, you can't delete your OP post of a thread you've posted.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Ah, so. Thanks for answering my question.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8924 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Unless something has changed, you can't delete your OP post of a thread you've posted.

V-Tail initiated a thread yesterday (July 5) in “Hacked off”, about a trash pick-up problem. I composed a comment, but when I went to post it, the thread was gone.

So apparently the OP can delete his post. But perhaps there had been no subsequent posts when he deleted it.

Serious about crackers

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
If no one has posted to a thread, the OP can delete it.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post