SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    How long before picking Karma winner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long before picking Karma winner Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
How long should I let members respond before picking a winner in a Karma thread?

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Whomever starts the karma dictates the terms; it really should be included in the karma post but no reason it can't be amended, if not.

Me, I've done a few. One was "first to respond", the others were a week. 12131's offer of a pistol to those moving to free states is unique without a stated end.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you feel it's been long enough, pick another winner.

That kind of behavior does not sit well with me. You made a kind gesture and what do you get for your trouble? A hassle, time wasted. This is rude behavior and I say to all members- if you participate in a karma, monitor it and if you've won, don't disappear, or I may disappear you from this board, permanently.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I see I read too quickly. Opus Dei is correct- it's up to you.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will select a winner after a week.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Waiting with bated breath. Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post