SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Stupid question: How do I TAKE DOWN an avatar?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid question: How do I TAKE DOWN an avatar? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
The site that was hosting Harold (as in "Hide the Pain Harold"), my avatar picture, has apparently gone kaput, and there is a visible slowdown in downloading a page as the connection to the picture times out. I want to, at least for the time being, not have an avatar. But I've tried clicking "No Avatar," deleting the URL to the picture, and it still stays up.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
After you select "no avatar" ... you then need to go to the far bottom left of your "edit profile" page and click on "submit".

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I also did that, twice.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
It takes time for it to work ... I see you now do not have an avatar.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like his still has one, but appears as a dead link 'box'

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Looks like his still has one, but appears as a dead link 'box'

However on this thread there is no avatar ... wonder why the difference you see.

coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If this isn't causing any problems for anyone, I'm not going to worry about it now. I'm a lot more upset with Fototime for disappearing with no warning or explanation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Have you tried setting your avatar to one of the default ones available in the forum?

From the fototime site:
quote:
On March 10, due to circumstances beyond our control, FotoTime suffered a catastrophic outage. This outage effected both the infrastructure and data. Regretably, due to this outage, FotoTime has ceased operations.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
There's a few members on here that have offered to host avatars (And scale to proper sizing)

Mine is hosted by the resident Monkey.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post