SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    How to handle a non-responsive seller from the Classifieds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to handle a non-responsive seller from the Classifieds Login/Join 
posted
Para et al:

Sorry to put this on your plate, but a bit over a month ago, I purchased a firearm that had been listed in the classifieds section of SF. Everything went smoothly until I picked up the firearm at my FFL. The case (this is a long gun, so it's not inexpensive) had been smashed in shipping and nearly the entire hinge had been destroyed.

The firearm was fine, so I accepted the item and wrote the seller. I even sent pictures after his request for them. As the case is expensive ($73), I asked him to send me a new case. He has said that he needs to follow up with his shipper to file a claim. I have followed up with him three times since then and tomorrow will mark a full month since I pointed this out to him. The only replies have been when I've emailed him -- and it's always that he's looking into it.

The last email I sent (6 days ago) has gone unanswered. I don't want to be a pain on the board, but I also think others need to know to stay away from this person. He's either disorganized, or slow-rolling me so that I'll just go away. What (if anything) would you like me to do? And I very much understand this is not your problem to solve - just looking for guidance on whether to note this on the classifieds...

Thanks for any and all advice,

Brad

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Send me an email with the details. At the very least, the seller needs to keep you posted. This is self-explanatory and in no way unreasonable and I do not like having Classifieds used by people who disappear when it is convenient to do so.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post