SIGforum
How to handle a non-responsive seller from the Classifieds

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550601935/m/1820010234

October 20, 2017, 07:44 AM
Rucker
How to handle a non-responsive seller from the Classifieds
Para et al:

Sorry to put this on your plate, but a bit over a month ago, I purchased a firearm that had been listed in the classifieds section of SF. Everything went smoothly until I picked up the firearm at my FFL. The case (this is a long gun, so it's not inexpensive) had been smashed in shipping and nearly the entire hinge had been destroyed.

The firearm was fine, so I accepted the item and wrote the seller. I even sent pictures after his request for them. As the case is expensive ($73), I asked him to send me a new case. He has said that he needs to follow up with his shipper to file a claim. I have followed up with him three times since then and tomorrow will mark a full month since I pointed this out to him. The only replies have been when I've emailed him -- and it's always that he's looking into it.

The last email I sent (6 days ago) has gone unanswered. I don't want to be a pain on the board, but I also think others need to know to stay away from this person. He's either disorganized, or slow-rolling me so that I'll just go away. What (if anything) would you like me to do? And I very much understand this is not your problem to solve - just looking for guidance on whether to note this on the classifieds...

Thanks for any and all advice,

Brad
October 20, 2017, 09:14 AM
parabellum
Send me an email with the details. At the very least, the seller needs to keep you posted. This is self-explanatory and in no way unreasonable and I do not like having Classifieds used by people who disappear when it is convenient to do so.