SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Postings gone

Moderators: lbj, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Postings gone Login/Join 
Picture of sig2
posted
I posted three separate items for sale in the classified section and they are gone. Someone named Remsig sent me an email on all three saying they should be combined into one posting. I was confused as to how to do this and sent an email to webmaster@sigforum.com yesterday for clarification and instructions but received no reply. I tried to find what he was referring to in the rules but could not. Can you please tell me if I did anything wrong and what to do about it? Thanks so much for your help.

Posts: 86 | Location: FL | Registered: January 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Once a Marine,
always a Marine
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Assuming you still have access to classified, read this:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/2751046041

and this:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3430091733

Three things to keep in mind:

- Only one post per member. (which can include multiple items)

- Items posted here must be exclusively offered to the members of Sig Forum and cannot be posted on any other site.

- If someone replies with, "I'll take it", that should trump any other negotiating or inquiries you are considering.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 7894 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig2
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I did not see anywhere that you could only have one post per member or I would not have done so. I did read the rules but did not see this. I totally agree with all the rules and issues posted by parabellum.

Posts: 86 | Location: FL | Registered: January 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
You can sell multiple items in a single thread. That is not a problem.

Posting multiple threads is the problem.

Take a look at some of the WTS ads in the classifieds, you will see many ads that offer multiple items in the same thread.

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 14442 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Hi sig2,

To clarify - I did not email you, rather posted a simple please combine your WTS ads into one ad in each of the 3 ads you had posted. If they disappeared, then the owner or one of the mods must of deleted your ads for posting multiple WTS ads. Para is very generous for providing this space for us but expects the rules to be followed. I know the 1 WTS ad per person isn't in any of the posted rules, that's why I posted in your ads so you knew.

I am not a mod or admin, rather just a member who posted to give you an fyi. If you stick around for awhile you'll find this is a great place and has lots of great members who give lots of great info and help each other out.

Posts: 6588 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig2
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and help.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2:
I posted three separate items for sale in the classified section and they are gone. Someone named Remsig sent me an email on all three saying they should be combined into one posting. I was confused as to how to do this and sent an email to webmaster@sigforum.com yesterday for clarification and instructions but received no reply. I tried to find what he was referring to in the rules but could not. Can you please tell me if I did anything wrong and what to do about it? Thanks so much for your help.

Ya. That is probably your problem right there.

Here, the powers that be suggest (and by that i mean want) members to have a WTB thread, and a WTS thread.

Meaning you need to group all your selling items into one, and all your buying items into one.

On top of that, don't list them on multiple sites, and don't renig on agreements.

There is no "rulebook" posted on teh forum, because they don't want to have to do that. This forum views the "Classifieds" section as a privileged, not a right.

It is meant for established members to buy/sell, not for random internet folk to make a living. As such, it let's the ownership ban or prevent all sorts of douchebaggery, and those who would scam or grift, and even those with no interest in joining the group.

The point, is that Joe Blow, can't just waltz in here and start selling items on bandwidth he doesn't pay for, and even less, contribute to with his knowledge, ideas, and humor. Those that do the latter, get to buy/sell.

This place is "community" first, "commerce" second. That seems to be the way ownership wants it, and I agree.

We don't get many scammers, idiots, and bullshitters... And if we do, they usually get a VERY hard time (as they should).

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 31496 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post