SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    where to find value on sig pistol to sell here.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

where to find value on sig pistol to sell here. Login/Join 
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted
I have a Sig P229R that I bought from a dealer on here over 10 years ago.
I have just recently had a cancer treatment, and now need to sell some of my firearms to pay the bills. I've already looked on gunbroker, but haven't found a similar one selling there.

Would if be ok to ask people here their opinions about what it's current value would be? Which forum would be appropriate?
Dave

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:
Would if be ok to ask people here their opinions about what it's current value would be? Which forum would be appropriate?
Dave

I cannot speak for forum Administration, but doing that is generally frowned-upon here. Problem is such threads are indistinguishable from a "for sale" or auction thread.

I find it hard to believe you cannot find any comps for a Sig P229R on GB. It's a fairly common pistol. Is there something special about your P229R that makes it uncommon?

Sorry to hear of your illness. Best of luck.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
It was factory chrome plated. Came as a .40 but I replaced the barrel with a .357 sig. Also comes with barsto 9mm conversion barrel with mags...

I'm asking here because I know it's frowned on. But need to start somewhere. if I can't ask, then what should I do?

I love it here!

My Gun collection:

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Have you checked current prices on Gunbroker?

Sorry, but this rule is necessary. In the past, price checks got out of hand in this forum.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Have you checked current prices on Gunbroker?

Sorry, but this rule is necessary. In the past, price checks got out of hand in this forum.

Yes I did, but was wondering if a "factory" chrome pistol had any more value to it then a run of the mill P229R.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, go ahead and post your question in the Pistols section.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:

Banned
posted Hide Post
A Mitzvah, for certain.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post