SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    How do I find a thread I know exists?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do I find a thread I know exists? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
I was hoping to point to an older thread here about range bags, which I initiated, in the present thread asking the same question. Searching for the thread, I cannot find it. I used the advanced search utility with key word bag and my username. I also restricted the search to before 12/31/2015, trying to force the search to older posts.

Could someone please advise me how to better search for info here? Are older threads pruned and no longer available?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When threads go inactive, they are automatically locked. After a period of time, those locked threads are pruned from the forum. If you have a thread you want to keep on the board, you have to keep it alive.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Easiest way to find something you posted is by either clicking on "Posts" at the bottom of one of your replies i.e. yours is "Posts: 2034" right now. Or clicking on your username and then view recent posts.

But if there is no acticity to the thread for awhile it gets locked then pruned after time.

Edit: Para answered while I was slow typing and cooking breakfast. Smile

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I have often had success with the customized Sig Forum search bar:

http://www.karmanator.com/sig_search.html

Thanks, "Chance"!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post