SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Conduct queston
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Conduct queston Login/Join 
Picture of bare bones
posted
I recently posted another Karma in the Lounge for a pistol holster. It ran for a week and then I selected a winner (randomly) and posted the results. I then tried to get the winner's mailing address to send his winnings to him. Winner"s
handle is "Gearhounds". I e-mailed him three times to solicit this information without response.

I guess my question is would it be acceptable to pick another winner from the same group of members and close the karma down again.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1197 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
If you gave him a reasonable amount of time to respond, it seems to me you have no other choice but to choose an alternate. Keep in mind, however, that some people get sick, go on trips, etc, so don't be too hasty.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Also, is there a possibility that they have a newer email provider and they have not updated their SF profile? In which case, the only way to get their attention would be to bump the thread hoping they at least read the lounge first page time to time.

ETA: Looks like he's been on and posting everyday since the end of Jan.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you enter a karma, you need to be around for the announcement of the winner. PERIOD

If you cannot be bothered with extending such a courtesy to someone who is being generous, then you should refrain from ever perticipating in a karma.

So, yes, draw another winner, and the absent winner should hope I don't see this from him again.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll get the posting up today.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1197 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Not sure why but I don’t have any emails showing up- another member saw this and mentioned it in an email that did get through. If it hasn’t been re-karma’d already, I am still interested- email on the way.

Just located the emails in my junk file- not sure why they landed there. I check my email a couple of times a day and would not have missed it otherwise.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Para, I can assure you that I was not ignoring anything, nor was I being in any way rude or inconsiderate.

The OP’s email format is a little odd looking and gmail evidently shunted them to the junk file as spam. Also, as far as I can tell, the karma thread never showed who had won- it was evidently only communicated in the emails I never saw.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post