SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    It's that time of year again... (update 1st post)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's that time of year again... (update 1st post) Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Man, now that we've picked the date, I'm getting itchy. Is it June yet?

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Man, now that we've picked the date, I'm getting itchy.

From what I've read from years past are you sure that's not caused by the ticks being out early. Razz

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
quote:

From what I've read from years past are you sure that's not caused by the ticks being out early. Razz

They don't come out THIS early.. You're in MN, you know what the weather's been like. LOL

Speaking of MN.. You gonna make the trek over, neighbor?

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
quote:

They don't come out THIS early.. You're in MN, you know what the weather's been like. LOL

Speaking of MN.. You gonna make the trek over, neighbor?

I will make it one of these times. The spring shoot is always tough because they are typically smack dab in the middle of the USPSA season. I always keep an eye on the fall dates but so far work or other commitments have gotten in the way.

You are about 5 hours away from me so when I make it I'll definitely be coming in the night before and getting a room within stumbling distance. It certainly sounds like a good time.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to make it this time... As with some of the other events, its too soon to know for sure but with a pending retirement its a better shot than ever before.

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
If you are planning on spending the night after the event, I can highly recommend the hotel across from Exx's.

It's a little pricy, but very nice. Also, I've found some better prices on 3rd party websites.

There might be hotels cheaper, but if you've not attended a Saturday evening after-party, you will be glad you spent the cash to be able to simply (literally) stumble across the lawn to your hotel room.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
As a connoiseur of fine (and not so fine) hotels I highly recommend Ronins suggestion. Its on par with an upgraded Hampton or Summerfield Suites type of place. Very clean, quiet, free breakfast if you arent in the mood to stumble 100yds across the grass to exx's place.

You can park your vehicle in the lot and literally keep an eye on your gear all evening while sipping beer on his porch.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
For the record, gear is also welcome to be stored at my place if you do not wish to leave it unattended in the hotel or vehicle.

And according to my Leicas, the rear door to the hotel is approximately 115 yards from my deck. LOL

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Or...approximately 285yds after dinner, or 643yds the next morning. Big Grin

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Or...approximately 285yds after dinner, or 643yds the next morning. Big Grin

Did Prudence only make it 2yds to the couch?

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The bus was to far..

Posts: 248 | Location: MN | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
Hotel reservation made. Don't want to have that booked up issue again Wink

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Ok, one month to go...

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Are we there yet?

Between losing my dad and then my father-in-law in a one week period, man-oh-man am I needing this weekend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Side note: I am planning on posting a few items for sale on SF classifieds, before I do let me know if any attendees are interested.

P226 .357 sig barrel
A lot of .357 sig ammo
SP2022 mags in 9 and .40

Let me know if you would like me to bring them along to the shoot.

Posts: 839 | Location: Sparta, WI | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Great idea...swap meet!

Posts: 248 | Location: MN | Registered: January 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Too early to begin a "who brings what?" list?

I can commit to a couple cases of cold water and soda for range day.

Ticks will suck. The past few shoots I have treated my boots and pants with permethrin and had zero tick issues. (I also liberally apply 99.9% deet throughout the morning).

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ortman71:
Side note: I am planning on posting a few items for sale on SF classifieds, before I do let me know if any attendees are interested.

P226 .357 sig barrel
A lot of .357 sig ammo
SP2022 mags in 9 and .40

Let me know if you would like me to bring them along to the shoot.

I might be interested in the ammo depending on what it is and the price. Bring it along.

As for the barrel, you'd need a 40 226 to use it, right? Or at least a 40 slide and mags?

I might know someone who would want mags. Let me know your asking price and I'll find out.

Ronin - as for a who brings what, we need:

Water/soda for the range - RONIN1069
Paper plates (important, NOT Styrofoam!) -JLEMMY
Napkins - JLEMMY
Plastic forks - JLEMMY
Chips
Sides (potato/pasta salad)

Ill bring charcoal, tongs, spices, chimney starter, and newspaper. Mkueffer always bring the steaks and thermapen, and cooks for us.

As for the Saturday party, just byo beverages (except Prudence, your macallan is still here!). There's some stuff here to supplement if someone has an extra good time and runs low on beer, but I don't think there's enough beer to fund a full-on party. There's lots of bourbon here, and some various other spirits, so bringing wash would be good as well (pepsi/coke/sprite/whatever). More bourbon is always welcome, some of the bottles that have shown up and been left in previous years were especially tasty!

As always we will cover dinner Saturday night.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: exx1976,

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Water/soda for the range

Ronin has that covered

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
I can grab plates (good one's), forks, and napkins for the ceremonial range lunch. I grab some beer for the after party as well. Have a special treat for Exx for all the hospitality.

EDIT to add, I'm a maybe on the .357 barrel. I'll bring my .40 226 along.

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post