SIGforum
It's that time of year again... (update 1st post)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/451105858/m/9830072124

March 19, 2017, 02:46 PM
exx1976
It's that time of year again... (update 1st post)
Hey guys!

6/3 is the date. The shoot will be held at the same range again.

For the uninitiated: mkueffer is kind enough to supply us with (and cook for us!) the best ribeye steaks you've ever had for lunch at the range. After shooting, it's back to casa di exx for dinner and drinks and conversation and Texas Hold 'em. The party usually goes until the wee hours of the morning, or until Prudence passes out in the middle of the living room, whichever comes first. To date, everyone has been able to make the walk from my place to the hotel, but one of these times I won't be surprised if someone just passes out on the lawn halfway along the walk/stumble.

Sunday morning brings the best bloody marys you've ever had, complete with 10 year old cheddar cheese sticks, honey ham sticks, pickle spears, and bacon slices. If that's not enough for you, there's also coffee, and then there's SWMBO's world famous cottage cheese pancakes, sausage, and bacon.

We usually get started at the range around 0900 Saturday morning, lunch around noonish, pack up around 1500. Then it's back to the hotel, tick check (nobody comes into my house without this all-important step!), showers, and then my place for the evening festivities. Bloody marys usually get started around 0900 Sunday morning, and people are welcome to stay as long as they like, though usually the place is empty by 1400 or so.

Bueller... Bueller...

Saturday evening dinner this year will be a DIY grill. We will be providing hamburgers, hotdogs, sausages, and buns, as well as all the fixins (onions both raw & grilled, cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, etc etc). If you would like something other than burgers/dogs/sausages on the grill, please, feel free to bring anything you'd like. After the "mess" at the last fall shoot with Saturday dinner not really taking place, the idea is that it's self-service, and if a guy is hungry at 1700, have at it, and if we get all drunk and hungry at 0100, we can certainly fire it up again. There will be plenty of charcoal here, so don't be shy!

Also featured for Saturday night will be home made salsa, guacamole, and homemade soft pretzels with about half a dozen different kinds of gourmet mustard, as well as cheese dipping sauce. I'm sure we'll find a bunch of other stuff as well, we always have too much food.

Confirmed list:
Lunch at the range:
exx1976 + 1
mkueffer
prudence
entropy
jlemmy
ronin1069
ortman71
81chop

As far as I know everyone who is going to the range is also coming to the party Saturday evening as well. Please let me know if this is not the case!

Also as far as I know, everyone but 81chop is will be present for breakfast Sunday, correct? entropy, I know a few times you and jlemmy have headed out early Sunday before the rest of us were awake. If we could get an accurate headcount for Sunday breakfast, that would be most helpful as well.

Can't wait to see everybody!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: exx1976,
March 19, 2017, 03:08 PM
mkueffer
That will work for me.

Steaks on the lunch menu again?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mkueffer,

A few Sigs and some others
March 19, 2017, 05:53 PM
Mike729
I've heard (and seen pics) that the food alone is worth the trip, never mind the shooting! Cool
March 19, 2017, 06:28 PM
exx1976
quote:
Originally posted by Mike729:
I've heard (and seen pics) that the food alone is worth the trip, never mind the shooting! Cool

Indeed!

And though the shoot is held in WI, it's open to anyone and everyone who wishes to attend. We've had guys from IL, MN, AZ, MI, WI, and I think a couple more states attend. You're welcome to fly up and enjoy!

Everyone - as soon as I get confirmation from you that this date works for most everyone, I'll call the hotel and see what I can do about the block rate on some rooms.
March 19, 2017, 06:32 PM
exx1976
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
That will work for me.

Steaks on the lunch menu again?

I didn't want to be presumtive and ask, but if you're offering, then the answer is OF COURSE!!
March 19, 2017, 06:43 PM
Ronin1069
I'm in!

I'll bring an armored case of cigars if anyone wants to smoke while they are shooting or after lunch.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
March 19, 2017, 07:15 PM
ortman71
Sounds good to me!
March 21, 2017, 01:38 PM
Prudence
Dammit I only passed out the one time...er, wait...Was it twice? Oh who the hell can remember anymore. Pass the scotch bottle, I missed the fall shoot.
March 21, 2017, 01:58 PM
exx1976
quote:
Originally posted by Prudence:
Dammit I only passed out the one time...er, wait...Was it twice? Oh who the hell can remember anymore. Pass the scotch bottle, I missed the fall shoot.

I think it was twice, but in the same weekend. Big Grin

Don't you worry, that 1.75 of macallan you left is still here. Untouched. Lol
March 22, 2017, 05:15 PM
ortman71
I wonder what kind of shoes Prudence will wear to the range this year??? Oh the suspense is killing me.
March 22, 2017, 07:40 PM
exx1976
quote:
Originally posted by ortman71:
I wonder what kind of shoes Prudence will wear to the range this year??? Oh the suspense is killing me.

Maybe he'll be like Ronin and duct tape them to his pant legs...
March 22, 2017, 07:49 PM
Ronin1069
quote:
Maybe he'll be like Ronin and duct tape them to his pant legs...

LOL - scoff if you will, but it kept the tics from crawling into 'places' Eek

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
March 22, 2017, 08:55 PM
entropy
I'll be there' but as usual non commital on dinner until I get my schedule for June.

You guys need one of those equipment dollies for that container of scotch you call a "bottle". More like a pony keg.

That reminds me...I should have a couple peppers to help clean out my current sinus infection.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."
March 22, 2017, 09:56 PM
exx1976
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
I'll be there' but as usual non commital on dinner until I get my schedule for June.

You guys need one of those equipment dollies for that container of scotch you call a "bottle". More like a pony keg.

That reminds me...I should have a couple peppers to help clean out my current sinus infection.

They are still in the fridge, you're welcome to them! Smile
March 23, 2017, 06:07 AM
jlemmy
I'm definitely in for the shoot, lunch and after events. Can't do the before dinner however due to my schedule that week. One of these days it's going to work out. I'll still be watching for the food pics Eek

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.
March 23, 2017, 11:01 AM
Prudence
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
quote:

I am sorry sir, I have no recollection of that event...and as you have no evidence, will claim it never happened.

Being fashion forward in relation to footwear is not a crime ortman...dont forget you are retired, time to upgrade your wardrobe from issued gear. Lol
March 24, 2017, 05:54 PM
ortman71
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am sorry sir, I have no recollection of that event...and as you have no evidence, will claim it never happened.

Being fashion forward in relation to footwear is not a crime ortman...dont forget you are retired, time to upgrade your wardrobe from issued gear. Lol

Those boots were not issued, they cost me close to 200. Gonna use them until you can see the soles of my feet!
March 24, 2017, 05:56 PM
exx1976
quote:
Originally posted by ortman71:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Those boots were not issued, they cost me close to 200. Gonna use them until you can see the soles of my feet!

I understand the sentiment, but I might replace them a LITTLE earlier than that. Just sayin....
March 25, 2017, 10:42 PM
81chop
I'm in. Told work that I'm unavailable.
Hopefully both tax stamps will be here by then (fingers crossed).

What should I bring?
March 25, 2017, 10:49 PM
exx1976
quote:
Originally posted by 81chop:
I'm in. Told work that I'm unavailable.
Hopefully both tax stamps will be here by then (fingers crossed).

What should I bring?

We haven't started the list of stuff just yet, but be sure to stay tuned to the thread for it.

I'm going to try to wait until a couple weeks before the event to do the sign-up list for stuff. We've had a couple hiccups in the past, so I think that will be easiest.