SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    ~ OpSpec Training - Applied Fundamentals - Nov. 2-4, 2018 - Paducah, Ky. ~
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~ OpSpec Training - Applied Fundamentals - Nov. 2-4, 2018 - Paducah, Ky. ~ Login/Join 
Picture of steve495
posted
OpSpec Training will be hosting an Applied Fundamentals class at one of our home ranges in Paducah, Kentucky. This program has proven to be very popular with those who have had the opportunity to join us for the class. To get the most value from this program, students should have taken our Practical Fundamentals course, or an equivalent, trigger-focused training program.

For full details on this class, click here.

If you’re an intermediate shooter, competitor, or law enforcement officer looking to improve your pistol skills at speed, the three-day Applied Fundamentals is the accelerated program for you. The class focuses on mental planning as a method to run your handgun at speed in a variety of conditions.

You’ll be shooting 1,300 to 1,500 rounds during the intensive three-day program. This is not a course for a beginner.

Applied Fundamentals
The goal of Applied Fundaments is to take the building blocks shooters have learned in Practical Fundamentals or other trigger control-based programs and learn to apply those skills methodically to solve shooting problems.

Instructors*: HR Hawkins & Jerry Jones

When: Nov. 2-4, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.

Class size: We will ensure an excellent student to instructor ratio. We do need a minimum number of students to run the class.

Tuition: $675
A $225 deposit is due immediately at sign-up. The class balance will be due no later than Oct. 1, 2018.

Range Fees: $60

Local Host: Jerry Jones

Ammunition: Approximately 1,300 to 1,500 rounds

Where:
Paducah, Kentucky
Class location details will be sent to students upon registration.

Where to Stay
Our host hotel is the La Quinta Inn & Suites, located at 3960 Coleman Crossing Circle in Paducah. The hotel offers a 15% discount to students taking a class with us. To receive the discount, please call the hotel direct at (270) 443-4800 and mention you are taking a class with OpSpec Training. Ensure you book early, as discounted room availability may be limited.

The property was built in 2015 and is located less than 10 minutes from the range. Hotel amenities include free high-speed Internet access, free “Bright Side” breakfast, an indoor pool and spa. Trip Advisor reviews are positive, but do note La Quinta does welcome pets to their hotels.

Food at Lunch Break
To ensure you get the most “bang for your buck” we try to keep lunch breaks as short as possible. If you have the ability to bring your lunch, we suggest you do so. If you need to run out and get a quick meal, there are options in the area. Fast food restaurants (McDonald’s, Subway, KFC, Wendy’s) are located nearby.

Again, click here to register, make your deposit or get additional information.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can make this class I can't recommend it enough! It's the perfect continuation of trigger control based shooting from practical fundamentals. HR is a great instructor Jerry's not half bad either Smile

ETA smiley face

Posts: 210 | Location: TN | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zymurgst:
If you can make this class I can't recommend it enough! It's the perfect continuation of trigger control based shooting from practical fundamentals. HR is a great instructor Jerry's not half bad either Smile

ETA smiley face

Jokes are terrible... movie quotes are on point. They all right.

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by zymurgst:

ETA smiley face

Jokes are terrible... movie quotes are on point. They all right.

Oh, I thought you said bad cop, bad cop.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an alum of the July 2018 Applied Fundamentals class in Ohio, I must wholeheartedly endorse this class, based on many points specific to value and technical merit.

This is my 3rd OpSpec class in the past 14 months, having taken the Practical Fundaments and Advanced Pistol Marksmanship sessions last year. All three sessions have been with JJ and I really enjoy his style of instruction and down-to-earth presentation. And with HRH involved as well, you will definitely get your money’s worth, in a very positive and direct style of instruction and feedback. I wouldn’t want it any other way!

As was the case with the previous OpSpec pistol sessions, Applied Fundamentals is a straight-forward approach to instructing and demonstrating the core principles of trigger prep, grip, sight picture, stance, and follow-through, along with other basics. Applied Funds also adds the elements of mental planning, cadence, and discipline of properly executed technique, which are much-needed skills for competition shooting sports.

This is not a beginner’s course. It assumes a moderate level of gun-handling skills coming in. From that foundation, however, this course provides valuable and essential techniques to allow the student to gain skills needed to run the pistol at speed with consistent and accurate results.

Don't pass up this opportunity to further your skills.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
Where to Stay
Our host hotel is the La Quinta Inn & Suites, located at 3960 Coleman Crossing Circle in Paducah. The hotel offers a 15% discount to students taking a class with us. To receive the discount, please call the hotel direct at (270) 443-4800 and mention you are taking a class with OpSpec Training. Ensure you book early, as discounted room availability may be limited.

When I called to reserve the young lady couldn't find the rate, but fortunately the general manager got out of his meeting while we were talking and told her the rate was $89/ night, single or double occupancy. She was going to put it in the computer so hopefully it will go a little quicker for the next person.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Bump!

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are on deck. You have 2 weeks to get on the dryfire and be ready to run. Lube up those knees while you’re at it. We will be moving around from go.

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I’ll write more of an AAR after I get home, but this class totally rocked. After taking PF a few times and MOAC three times in addition to other classes with other folks, this is the class that really did the most for me. I definitely left the class with the tools to not only know where I need to go, but also how to get there. Many thanks to JJ & HH for an outstanding class.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Way back in 2011, I took my first Practical Fundamentals class with Jerry and Bruce. Bruce talked about being an interested observer and watching it all happen. I had one brief flash at that class where it happened and I've been chasing it ever since. I've taken several classes, including MOAC a few times. I've learned alot, I've gotten better, but I haven't managed the interested observer.

Fast forward to Applied Fundamentals in Paducah, November 2-4. HR Hawkins and Jerry taught a great class. Much of it was framed around what HR called "my silly little game." It may have been a silly little game, but it forced one to be consciously engaged in the shooting and really helped one to see and be aware of what one was doing. It may have been the first class where I never looked at a target except through the sights and really didn't worry about where any shots went. This class helped me be truly invested in the process and get much better at making a plan and keeping track of how I was performing against the plan.

As promised, the first day was frustrating. It took a little self-reprogramming to really focus on process oriented skill development and not get so hung up on the shooting. Things looked up quite a bit on day two, and even more on day three. I can't speak for anyone else, but I came away much more aware of what I was doing as I was doing it and better able to be present and really take it all in. Lots of small tweaks were made where opportunities for improvement presented themselves. The big win for me though, was becoming a much more conscious observer of the process.

I've taken several classes from Operation Specific Training and others, and this class is far and away the one that moved me forward the most.

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

My moment came in this years MOAC-R. I should say my latest moment as I've had a couple others but the one this year really moved me forward.

Jerry and the gang work hard on tweaking, tuning, and stealing anything they can to put on the best class possible.

I hope to take this class in 2019.

Mark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post