SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Rifle or Long Distance Class Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle or Long Distance Class Recommendations Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted
Any recommendations? I need a more basic oriented class that will progress into some advanced shooting. I'm a veteran (Army, 11B10 Infantry), and a hunter for years, but I don't think I'm where I want to be on long distance rifle. I'm virtually ignorant of how to properly use an advanced riflescope, for example. Shooting for more than around 300 yards is problematic for me most of the time, unless wind is still.

Anyone taken a class that was worth recommending?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Nobody?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A short list, with good reputations:

Rifles Only - Texas
Thunder Ranch - Oregon
Core - Florida
K&M - Tennessee

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am no longer doing much rifle shooting but I have recommendations from friends.
One is very high on K&M.
Another just came back from a class at Strategic Edge in Tennessee and thought it useful, even though he is a seasoned Long Range shooter.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the responses. I will look these all up, especially the ones in TN, as I'm just South of Memphis.

-Dr. Adrian Rogers

posted Hide Post
Then k&m is the ticket for you......

Think Disney world with a firearm....250 acres of training in most all areas.

Check out the website & Facebook.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post