SIGforum
Reminder - locktite your holster screws...

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/451105858/m/8960055064

September 02, 2019, 07:11 AM
feersum dreadnaught
Reminder - locktite your holster screws...
Was shooting my local IDPA match yesterday, and one of our regulars was talking about getting DQ-ed at a major match when his holster “fell off”

I was like “how does that happen?”, and felt mine - it rotated loosely... uh oh. Luckily I had another Bladetech in the bag, and I was able to replace the two out of three screws that had backed out.

Today, everything, including mag pouches, gets taken apart and re-done with locktite.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
September 02, 2019, 09:02 AM
motorheadjohn
Good reminder. Your gear needs regular maintenance, not just the pistol. It's easy to overlook that.
September 02, 2019, 04:24 PM
jljones
Very sound advice. I have never seen one come off at a match, but I have seen them come apart in classes.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

November 06, 2019, 05:18 PM
Ryanp225
I had a Bladetech holster and then a ghost mag pouch both almost fall off at matches. Everything gets the blue goo now.
November 15, 2019, 04:58 PM
MikeGLI
I just bought an AIWB holster for my G43x and lost a screw and cam after about 3 days. Fucking obnoxious, but shame on me because I know better.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
February 04, 2020, 03:57 PM
RichardC
I actually have an Eklund Torx wrench set in my office desk drawer because I can't seem to remember to Locktite the holster screws.