SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Brief review of Glock Operator Course
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brief review of Glock Operator Course Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted
I had the privilege of attending Glock's Operator Course in Smyrna the past two days. This is a 1000 round shooting course that is only open to military (active or retired), law enforcement (active or retired), GSSF members, or NRA certified instructors. I was even blessed with the director of Glock's training division as the teacher for the class. He literally wrote the book on how the Glock factory trains uses around the globe.

This course is AWESOME. There is no focus on equipment or pontificating on why Glock is so perfect- it is all about mechanics and fundamentals. Two days of intense instruction with practical drills under the watchful eye of an amazing instructor has already made me a better shooter.

There is an intense qualification course to shoot at the end of the class which you get three attempts to pass. There were 11 in the class and only 4 of us passed the qualification. I only passed on my third attempt, and that was by six-tenths of a second.

Most importantly, the course taught me what and how to PRACTICE. The instructor took us through his practice regimen. There was absolutely NO ego whatsoever. While I consider him a "grand master," he very much considered himself a student of the pistol.

The best part is that this course is only $300. If you ever have the opportunity, do not pass it up.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. That price is amazing! I take a Sig class in NH every year, used to be 2 but there prices have gone up a lot in last 5 years.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I took this course in 2016 at Glock in Smyrna. I don't remember it being quite like this.

As a matter of fact, I remember it to be kind of "meh".

They must have made some major changes.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Maybe one of the instructors took an OpSpec class. The review certainly sounds like it Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuglespritz
posted Hide Post
Maestro, can you share what the course of fire is for the qual course?

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post