SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Center Axis Relock stance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Center Axis Relock stance Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
I came across this on a TV show and wondered if it was an actual thing or Hollywood BS.

Apparently, it's a thing, primarily in CQB. But, a quick scan of YouTube on the subject nets me a bunch of questionable videos from people I've never heard of.

So, my question is, are any REPUTABLE trainers using this?

Names? Links to videos?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The Center Axis Relock has been around a long time. Most notably it came back to public view in the first John Wick movie. I'm sure that folks are still teaching it, Keanu Reeves is a prime example that he was taught this for the first movie. But, the thing that I'll note is that anytime Wick/Reeves took any kind of distance shot, he went back to a more modern shooting stance.

To me, in close quarters, I prefer just to keep the gun on the center line in the high ready position. I can shoot from there, fight for the gun if I have to, etc. I can shoot up close from there, and press the gun out as I get distance.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I appreciate the concise explanation.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post