SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Fall 2016 Colorado SigForum Shoot
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall 2016 Colorado SigForum Shoot Login/Join 
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted
Hello,

Do you want to shoot with LBJ? If so, keep reading.

Well, it's that time of year again and I'd like to see if we can organize another SigForum Shoot. I've been hosting these events for 10 years. I know that timeline because my user name was changed from 'Traveler' to 'Sweden' after the first time I met LBJ.

We typically get +100 sq. ft. of weaponry to show at these events. We've seen black powder arms, shotguns, revolvers, pistols, bolt action, lever action, auto loaders, silencers, short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns, 50 BMG, full auto, and even a gold ball launcher. Typically two or three Title II SOT holders are in attendance, so we are guaranteed to have some unique firearms.

But alas, this event is different than years past. As you are probably aware, one of our founding members has received a terminal diagnosis. LBJ is always a favorite at these events. I spoke with LBJ and am working to schedule this around his availability, so we are limited on choices.

Typically we host fall shoots on Saturdays so those so inclined can watch football on Sunday. While there is a Broncos game on 10/2, it is away.

I need to know how many people to expect before we can confirm a range location. While I have some options, I would also appreciate if any local members can try to secure a range for this shoot.

I'm expecting we may have some forum members who want to shoot with LBJ and are willing to travel to get here. If so, please let us know your plans and we will do our best to help accommodate.

Question:
Which day works best for you?

Choices:
Saturday October 1
Sunday October 2

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Shoot is on October 1
Address is: 35500 E 144th Ave, Hudson, CO 80642
Start time is 9:30

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sweden,

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right now I can go on either day.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
YAY!! The dates to DO NOT conflict with anything this year!

I don't want to get my car stuck again though!

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either date works.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
We're up for either one.

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Either day will be fine.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Location of shoot?

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Arlen,

Glad to see a new name. As best I can guess right now, Northern front range, we want to keep the location easy for LBJ. We will confirm location as we get a better head count, some of the possible ranges have ~limited space.

posted Hide Post
Drat!! I am gonna be out of town that weekend.

Posts: 784 | Location: CO | Registered: December 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Well, the poll doesn't make scheduling any easier, tied at 2 each. Any more input?

Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
Broke the tie for you Smile

Posts: 839 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: November 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
I need to make some phone calls to confirm location, but tentatively lets plan on Sat Oct 1. Updates to follow.....

posted Hide Post
I'm there. And so, if you need any help, the week before, I'm in town. I'll bring two or three tables. You have my email, so just holler. I don't fly again until Monday morning.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Hello,

We are confirmed for October 1 on land north of DIA in Hudson. We are invited guests of the landowner. This land is home to the old WHAC Range, but it is not a sanctioned range. I repeat we are guests of the landowner and will be shooting on private land. I spoke with landowner (Richard) last week and this past weekend I went out to confirm the site is suitable (miracle maintenance by some friends made this possible). The landowner has some ~serious financial issues (recently selling plots that have been in the family for +100 years), we will request an event fee of at least $10/per to help Richard and his family. He did remember the generous financial gift SigForum provided last year, and welcomes our return in October. Yes, this is the same location which LBJ put a bullet through his BMW last year.

We will NOT have exclusive access to the shoot line, we will need to share with any other guests of the landowner. There are berms at 25, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 and 450 yards. Target backers are scarce and when available are often improvised; but the 100 yard berm and beyond also have hanging steel. However, vegetative growth is likely to prevent seeing the +200 yard targets from prone. Bench and offhand shooting are the norm.

Address is: 35500 E 144th Ave, Hudson, CO 80642

Gates will open ~ 09:00, start time is 10:00. All attendees must be present for the 10:00 Safety briefing. Email with specifics is forthcoming.

**ETA**

Rob, it will be great to see you again. While I don't expect we will require them, if you can please bring some extra tables. The range does have cover, seats, and tables; we may exceed capacity and if so having extra table space would be great.

Email with specifics is forthcoming.

posted Hide Post
Good deal. This is a great location. See you next Saturday.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E26R-40-BSE
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it.

Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Bump? Any news? It's this weekend, isn't it?

James in Denver

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Sorry boys, can't make this one. Got a fence that needs building, and I fractured several vertebrae last week so anything with significant recoil is a no-go. (My fence building will be mostly limited to a supervisory capacity).

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
I will try to be there. I need some particulars about what the event might be. I have emailed you. Please feel free to contact me. My permissions on this forum do not allow me to PM you.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post