SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    2019 USPSA HiCap Nationals in St. George?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 USPSA HiCap Nationals in St. George? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I’m interested in going to the HiCap Nationals in September. Any suggestions?

Anyone else going?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you didn't get an invite from USPSA on Feb 22nd or a slot from a local club you will have to wait until they open it up to the public.

Last year when registration opened for the public if you didn't get through the registration on Practiscore within a few minutes you didn't get into the match. I think a buddy of mine that tried said it sold out in like 10 minutes. I fear this year will be worse the way they have the break down of the matches. There are a lot of people that will want to shoot both Hi-Cap Nationals and with the Low-Cap Nationals being in November it means you are going to be competing with a lot of people to get in.

I missed a guaranteed spot from USPSA by 1 place in our Section Championship and 2 places from our Area Championship but it sounds like I may be getting one for winning our CO Points Series. Haven't heard from our Section Coordinator yet so I'm not holding my breath.

I may be battling it out with the commoners when it goes live to the public.

If I get in I'll be at Hi-Cap CO/Limited

ETA: Just found it. Registration opens to the public on June 1. No mention of time though.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Our state has a whopping 10 slots for HICAP Limited with 3 for our club. 2 for L10, so my odds are low. I’m a long way from winning my way in with my shooting. Hahaha.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Limited division slots were available for quite a while last year. Maybe open or production filled up quick, but I know I was looking at available limited slots weeks after open registration began.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just received my slot to HiCap Nationals from the MN Section today for my Points Series win in CO.

Looks like I'm headed out West this fall to shoot in the dirt. That range is by far the dirtiest place I have ever shot in my life but they put on a good match.

I could do without all the ricocheting rounds though. It is a little unnerving at times having rounds whizzing over your head.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I hope to make it myself.

That red rock makes a mess.

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I just did a class out at that range, and while the dirt may be a mess, we had mud that was a huge pain to deal with every morning. It seemed to dry up reasonably by the afternoon, but that stuff would pull a shoe if you were not careful. And mag cleaning was an absolute any time one hit the ground.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Sweet! I hope to make it myself.

Good luck. Hopefully you make it in. There is nothing more humbling than shooting a Nationals and seeing where you are lacking and how you stack up against some of the best in the country. This will be my 4th Nationals and I'm not getting any younger so I'll take the slots when I get them.

quote:
Originally posted by dgrdvm:
I just did a class out at that range, and while the dirt may be a mess, we had mud that was a huge pain to deal with every morning. It seemed to dry up reasonably by the afternoon, but that stuff would pull a shoe if you were not careful. And mag cleaning was an absolute any time one hit the ground.

I've only been to a match there once and it was so dry out there two years ago when I was there that it would be hard to imagine that ground could ever be soft. The dust in the afternoon was crazy. Cleaning mags after every stage was a must because the dust is so fine and guns covered between stages was a must.

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
WildSig,

Yeah the weather was crazy. We started with highs in the high 20's, then had more snow in a day than they average in a year, and then I had a sunburn on the last 2 days of the class. The snow and the thaw, and 15 people tramping around stirred it up pretty well. I heard from some other students that were there in Sept and it was well over 100 and brutal. Need to find the sweet spot for the next class !

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I was at TPC in Sept in the 100* heat. Wiping my hands in the dust to try and dry them off. A towel wasn’t doing it.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Picked up a slot for, lots more practice to do now. I’m just about to break into B class in Limited. I need to be more consistent.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Picked up a slot for, lots more practice to do now. I’m just about to break into B class in Limited. I need to be more consistent.

Cool. Best of luck and maybe we'll run into each other out there. I'll be running around in a RHT jersey.

I'm hoping to score an AM/PM/AM squad and that the weather cooperates like it did two years ago.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Cool. First trip for me so I don’t know what to expect.

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Well that did not work out. Open reg was supposed to start at 7PM EST. I could not get it to open till 7:04 EST, and flubbed my uspsa number once. By the time I entered it right it was sold out.

George Carlin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Cool. First trip for me so I don’t know what to expect.

Usually a well balanced match. You will rarely see hoser stages at the SUPS. I'd expect one standards stage, one to three prone stages, enough but not too many swingers. I haven't shot one match there that I didn't like although I did get royally popped f****d at the Magnus. The weather will be fine. Late September / early October is a wonderful time of the year in Utah. I recommend proactive dinner arrangements, especially on weekends. It is a sizable but not huge town and extra 500 people looking for the dinner at the same time creates occasional congestion.
I am shooting am-PM-am schedule, carry optics.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post