SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    MOAC 2018 and MOAC-R primer thread.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOAC 2018 and MOAC-R primer thread. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
Hey gang, just going to go ahead and throw this out there. It appears that MOAC 2018 will be in South Florida next year sometime in early December. We are working out the details currently, and will get it up as soon as the dates firm up.

MOAC-R: WTH is that? A little back story. I am a coward. Five years ago, I had this concept about a week long, high round count class that would be a "finished product" class. Meaning, they would give the student body a durable skill once they left (on top of HOW to train that folks get from all of our classes). I just wasn't brave enough to follow through and putting the class together. One night, in a fit of ego, some of the instructors might have been drinking and said "Hell with it, MOAC is coming" Thus we adopting the teaser of "MOAC is coming". We ran the first year, and I couldn't be happier with the shooters we turned out. The next year was even better. This year was the best product yet as all of our programs consistently evolve.

During the breaks this year, mark_a cornered me and said "When is MOAC-R?". (Meaning when are we going to do all of this high speed stuff with a rifle). After much debate, the MOAC-R decree was written on the back of a Hardee's sack and now it shall be so. Smile

MOAC-R is based upon the same winning concepts as MOAC, but will be shot with a 5.56 AR type platform rifle with a red dot sight. High round count, high repetition, process based shooting. More details to come but I can tell you this course will include lots of speed shooting, shooting out to 200, movement, lots of Major Payne and The Other Guys quotes, and solid concepts for shooting the carbine at speed.

I look for this to go down at my home range in Kentucky in April-ish.

Stay tuned, 2018 will be our best! MOAC is coming!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I really need to get moving on becoming independently wealthy so I can retire and have the time and $ for all these classes!!

If you are creating MOAC-R, will there be a "PF-R" as well?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
I suppose I might try venture out to Paducah for that . . . How comfie is your couch? Smile

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Sleeps two.

If you stack them in real tight

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Sleeps two.

And the bathtub?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Sleeps two.

And the bathtub?

Three, maybe four.

www.opspectraining.com

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
I really need to get moving on becoming independently wealthy so I can retire and have the time and $ for all these classes!!

If you are creating MOAC-R, will there be a "PF-R" as well?

Well, we have kinda, sorta always had a PF-R we just called it carbine operator. Your post was one of those "dumbass" moments for me, I guess we should have been calling it PF-R all along. We will institute a name change shortly.

www.opspectraining.com

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
So... Can we send deposits yet? Big Grin

I want to throw down against Michael on: shoot one, reload and shoot another, say at 15 yards. Accuracy and time... (MOAC-R that is)

Tell him I'm coming for him...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Looking like MOAC might be December 3-7, 2018 in Florida. No dates for MOAC-R yet.

www.opspectraining.com

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
MOAC-R dates look to be Oct 18-21 (four days).

www.opspectraining.com

I rule with an iron claw
Picture of alleycat
posted Hide Post
I'm in for rifle palooza! Early december moac is too close to Thanksgiving and I wont be able to get it off. Dangit

___
__

Posts: 4543 | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
MOAC-R dates look to be Oct 18-21 (four days).

In... Deposit is ready for transmission.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Ohhh... To have the time and money to do the double. Cool

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We are hoping that it gets posted within the next couple of days. Waiting on FL host to finalize out a few things and we'll get MOAC posted.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
MOAC-R ?!?!! MOAC-R????

YES!

I am in!

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some of us need PF-R. Will this be offered in KY next year?

Posts: 210 | Location: TN | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
MOAC and MOAC-R are posted

www.opspectraining.com

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zymurgst:
Some of us need PF-R. Will this be offered in KY next year?

We will seee. Once the road classes are posted, we will back fill some Paducah classes.

www.opspectraining.com

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Sooo, anyone at OpSpec happen to have anything to say?

BTW, will we need any frangible ammo for the class?

Thanks, Mark