SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Where do you buy your steel targets?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where do you buy your steel targets? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

I just joined a really nice local range. Beautiful facility but they don't suppply any steel to shoot at with pistols, close up.

Where can I purchase 1 or 2 torso targets like we used at MOAC?

Thanks,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
I own both jabs and MGM steel. They're both quality.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GT Targets. Great products and good people.

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrhawk:

And *poof*, there goes $200 Smile

Thanks.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Jc steel. Jake vibbert is a great guy.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Have been really happy with MGM Targets.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
These are the exact targets we used at MOAC.

https://www.mrtargetonline.com/

Not cheap but best quality I have ever used.

Tell Will I sent ya and he will hook you up!

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I'll look at them for the next batch.
I bought one from GT Targets. I can't wait to break it in!

Thanks,

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
OpSpec Training is buying a bunch of GT Targets stuff for classes in Kentucky. I've got a few as well.

For MOAC 2017 you'll most likely be shooting the 3/4 size IPSC Target in 3/8" AR500.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bruce, thanks for the order, your set should be delivered tomorrow. When I noticed you are a SIG FORUM member, I added in a discount, and a can of the new STEEL TARGET PAINT.
shoot safe, have fun, Karl @ GT

Posts: 67 | Location: Collegeville, PA | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karl @ GT:
Hey Bruce, thanks for the order, your set should be delivered tomorrow. When I noticed you are a SIG FORUM member, I added in a discount, and a can of the new STEEL TARGET PAINT.

This post is full of awesomeness!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karl @ GT:

I do appreciate that! I sent you an email, before I saw this post Smile

Thanks,

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Membership has its privileges. Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrhawk:

HRHawk: you weren't kidding! Karl and co. hooked me up. Twice Smile

Thanks for the lead!

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

posted Hide Post
No sweat enjoy the gear. I'll be putting in an order for myself shortly.

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I finally made it to the range to try out my new steel!

It worked great and the lady was instantly hooked with "PingPingPing!" and a huge grin on her face Smile

Thanks Karl for hooking me up!

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Picture of ajp3jeh
posted Hide Post
MGM Targets for high end stuff.

RSR Steel for inexpensive options - https://www.defensetargets.com/

Safe Direction for the specialty Rotator target - http://store.ravelingroup.com/...ivesteeltargets.aspx

AKA John E. Hearne

"Shoot deliberately" - Wyatt Earp
"Tache/psyche effect - a polite way of saying 'you suck.'" - GG
"The 8th Marines dominate an environment. You, with your pistol, merely exist." - GG
http://www.dvctargets.com - Promoting excellence and realisim in combative shooting.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Northern Mississippi | Registered: November 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post