SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Are there Steel Challenge guns and equipment statistics?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Are there Steel Challenge guns and equipment statistics? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I'd like to see which .22 handguns and types of sights dominate the game.

Posts: 8394 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I'd like to see which .22 handguns and types of sights dominate the game.

Unfortunately I don't think USPSA collects that information yet.

I can suggest it.

But something I can say, lots of Tac Sol in the upper tier of the shooters, particularly their 2211 uppers. But I think that might have more to do with wanting to shoot the same type of gun.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Only speaking based on my limited, local observation of running a local weekly SC match for the last year or so. Like PPGMD, I don't know of any collections of data on this. You'd have to search the results pages from events, and see if firearm is listed by type, etc.
PPGMD is spot-on. The Rugers dominate the rimfire classes around here. Ones with C-More sights on top, specifically.
But...some folks here are shooting the S&W Victory and having success with it. It seems to be gaining some traction.
I always thought the S&W M&P .22s were underrated for SC type events, but I'm biased toward them somewhat. The compacts are great, but it's the earlier full-size models that get my attention.

Posts: 2688 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Report This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of tricked out Ruger Mark II's, III's, and 22/45's here locally. Easily the most popular gun. Stock, tacsol, volquartzen, etc... I do not think there are any steel GM's around here though.

Posts: 4688 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I run a S&W Model 41 with a C-More turned 90 degrees when shooting in Steel Challenge and NSSF Rimfire steel matches.

I shoot quite a few matches a year and the Rugers, Buckmarks and Volquartsen customized guns with C-Mores seem to dominate the matches. When you get into the big Steel Challenge matches then you get the customized 1911 and 2011's.

A buddy of mine that placed 5th overall at the NSSF World Championship last fall rocks an old Sig Trailside with a C-More.

Posts: 2215 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Report This Post