SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    ~ OpSpec Training - Practical Fundamentals - June 6 & 7, 2020 - Idaho Falls, Idaho ~
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~ OpSpec Training - Practical Fundamentals - June 6 & 7, 2020 - Idaho Falls, Idaho ~ Login/Join 
Picture of steve495
posted
TOM: "Hey OpSpec guys... you interested in hosting a class in Idaho?"
STEVE: "Idaho? Where in Idaho?"
TOM: "Idaho Falls at the Southeast Idaho Practical Shooters range facilities."
[Steve looks at Google Maps and Google Images of Idaho.]
STEVE: "Hell yes."

OpSpec Training makes our first visit to the Gem State for our Practical Fundamentals class on June 6 & 7. DEIPS is located about 15 minutes west of Idaho Falls. The club has a very active practical shooting competition schedule, so we look forward to seeing a few IDPA and USPSA shooters.

Click here for details specific to this class in Idaho, and you can learn more about the Practical Fundamentals class right here.

This is not a basic class. At minimum, students should have taken a basic handgun safety course and be confident with their firearm and gear. We expect students to have experience shooting on a line in a safe manner, including loading, reloading and drawing/shooting from the holster. Shooters with IDPA, USPSA, NRA Action Pistol, 3-Gun, law enforcement and military experience meet the program prerequisites.

Wondering about the OpSpec Training experience? READ OUR CLASS TESTIMONIALS specific to the Practical Fundamentals class. (Just scroll down the page a bit.)

Practical Fundamentals
Using a building-block approach, Practical Fundamentals encourages students to focus on the process of running the gun, tamping down the emotional desire to see results on the target. By using a variety of dry fire and live fire exercises, students are brought through the fundamentals of marksmanship with a focus on trigger control to help the shooter make fast hits on small targets, on demand.

Instructors*: TBD

When: June 6 & 7, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day

Class size: A minimum of 12 students.

Tuition: $450, with a $225 deposit

Range Fees: $10 per student, to be paid in cash at orientation the first day.

Local Host: Tom O. – Tom has taken Practical Fundamentals with us a couple of times, and is excited to bring the class to Idaho.

Ammunition: Round count for Practical Fundamentals will be approximately 750 - 850 rounds

Important Links and Information

* Instructors listed for specific programs have committed to teach the class on those dates. Although we do not anticipate changes, travel delays, family emergencies or illness may result in instructor substitutions.

Where:
Southeast Idaho Practical Shooters
1600 N 65th W
Idaho Falls, Idaho
[Map]

Where to Stay
There are a variety of options just east of the I-15 and State Route 20 intersection along the Snake River. All options in that area should be less than 20 minutes from the range.

Food at Lunch Break
To ensure you get the most “bang for your buck” we try to keep lunch breaks as short as possible. You’ll have 60 minutes for lunch, and our host will be providing more information about options to those registered.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: steve495,

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve!

I will be putting a list together of recommended places to eat, cool stores and things to do.

A little info about the range. The range is at about 4,000’ elevation and June is typically dry and ranges in the 70-80’s for the high and low humidity. SEIPS has 14 pistol bays and one rifle bay that reaches to 200yds. The range surface is mostly small gravel with nice dirt berms, each bay has a shade shelter and various tables and benches. Like most ranges, it does not have running water, only porta johns.

If you want to make a trip of it, Idaho Falls (IF) is two hours from West Yellowstone, MT and the west entrance to Yellowstone National Park. Also, about 2.5hrs south of Grand Teton National Park. Most days, you can see the Grand Teton from the range. IF is about an hour east of Craters of the Moon where NASA did some training and also Arco which was the first city powered by nuclear energy. IF is 3 hours north of SLC, UT and about 4 hours east of Boise, ID.

Please email me at seipsjune6 at gmail . com, rather than my forum email, so I’m sure to see it.

I can accept and deliver ammo to the range, but I’m unable to receive firearms at this time.

Bottled water will be provided.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

Please email me at seipsjune6 at gmail . com, rather than my forum email, so I’m sure to see it.

Hi I emailed you a few days ago ( or at least I think I did . Maybe I just sent it to the nether world. I'm good at that..).....just checking to see if account is up and running...mike

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I just sent you an email, thanks!

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Bump!

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Contact me at:
Seipsjune6 at gmail dot com Mention the class in the title.

Directions to the range:
Southeast Idaho Practical Shooters
1600 N 65th W
Idaho Falls, Idaho
[Map]

Starting at Java Express on Broadway, drive for approximately 6 miles to N 65th West. At this point, the road will be changing from 4 lanes to 2. If you pass the Skyline Gun Club, you’ve just passed the turn. Drive north on the dirt road until the end where you will see signs for SEIPS. Drive down into the range and head to the lower range, on the left, with the white carport and flagpole. We will meet for the morning in the carport and be using bay 2, tentatively.

The range is a cold range with an unload point shortly after entering the gate. Please clear and safe your CCW there.

The range is gravel and dirt with the normal hazards of a western desert such as sun, heat, wind and wildlife. No running water, porta johns only. There will be bottled water available.

Be alert for wildlife on or crossing the road.

I plan to be at the range for a decent period on Friday to do setup etc., you are welcome to contact me and come out if you need or want to verify function or zero of your firearm. If there is interest, I may try to set up a small 3 stage steel shoot if folks come in early on Friday.

Places to stay:
There is a variety of hotels on the east of town, 10-15 minutes from the range. Currently, I’d suggest the Springhill Suites or Residence Inn. They are some of the newest in town and easy to find. I will be contacting both to check on a group rate. There are a few hotels on the east of town but be aware it’s about 25 minutes to the range from those.

I prefer the Java Express coffee stands to Starbucks, but either is easy to get to on Broadway headed to the range.

Places to shop:

The Gun Shop
2680 N Holmes Ave
Idaho Falls, ID 83401

I buy most of my firearms from this shop as well as do transfers in and out. Some of the staff are members of the club and they’ve supported the club.

Ross’ Coin and Gun
390 N Eastern Ave
Idaho Falls, ID 83402

Another good shop, they host an annual range event at the SEIPS range and bring vendors to the range to demo firearms etc.

Places to eat:

On your way back from the range is Reed's Dairy, a great place to get ice cream and cheese curds made on site.

In the area closer toward town is Stockman’s restaurant, Buffalo Wild Wings, McKenzie River Pizza, Culvers Hamburgers and Jalisco’s Mexican restaurant. Smokin’ Fins on the river has good seafood. The normal Arby’s, McDonalds, Jimmy Johns, Subway etc. can be found about 10 minutes East of the range on Broadway.
On the east side of town, you’ll find the only Chic Fil A in town, Texas Roadhouse, 5 Guys Burgers and a variety of the usual chains.

We also have a some of the chain sporting goods stores etc. and most shopping and dinning is on the East side of town, 20+ minutes from the range. Be aware the smaller places close on Sundays.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Can’t wait.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping/planning to attend !! mike

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Do it!

June in Idaho is one of the best months.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Do it!

June in Idaho is one of the best months.

Don't I know it !! I live there ! Wink

posted Hide Post
I know that lots of activities are being cancelled.... I'm hoping that I will be able to attend this class !....................(bump)

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Bump. Looks like we need 7 more folks to sign up!

posted Hide Post
Hopeful bump !!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Bump. Looks like we need 7 more folks to sign up!

Hey Riley ! Any luck ?