SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Magpul Art of the dynamic handgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magpul Art of the dynamic handgun Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
Picture of Ronin101
posted
Anybody have this? Is it a worthwhile training video? It looks like it came out in 2010 and I can't find a copy for sale. Know of anyone that is still selling it?

If not does anyone have a training video similar to it (ie good quality and production?)

Posts: 6211 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I did not think it was very worthwhile. There is a whole lot of show, and fluff in it.

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

Posts: 28994 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ronin101
posted Hide Post
What about the carbine and shotgun versions?

any video you would recommend for pistol?

Posts: 6211 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
What about the carbine and shotgun versions?

any video you would recommend for pistol?

The consensus on the carbine video is that it had the feel of a 2 hour sling advertisement. I have never seen the shotgun video.

What kind of video are you looking for in reference to the pistol? Tactics?

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

Posts: 28994 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin...
I have a copy of both dynamic handgun and carbine (maybe carbine 2 also, I'll have to look).

Shoot me your snail mail info & I'll loan them to you.
Yes, there is a bit of "show" to them , but it keeps one from getting bored.

Posts: 4475 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I found the shotgun video to be pretty interesting. They are often trained on as rifles, yet are very different. Especially in the combat style shooting. It greatly differs from where a lot of people learn shot gun which is on a trap or skeet range or in a hunting situation. The video did show techniques I had never learned.

Art of the handgun is like art of the carbine just smaller.

Art of the Carbine 2 just recapped on 1 with no new skills added and it is now very dated information.

Posts: 8705 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dated in what regard?

Posts: 6044 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I posted about a week ago in the LAIR and CLASSIFIED looking for a copy for sale, of the Dynamic Handgun DVD set.
If any one has the set and wants to sell it,
contact me.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
I posted about a week ago in the LAIR and CLASSIFIED looking for a copy for sale, of the Dynamic Handgun DVD set.
contact me.

I think I have the BluRay in a box somewhere, I'll check tonight

Posts: 6044 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
contact me.

I think I have the BluRay in a box somewhere, I'll check tonight

That would be GREAT, let me know.
Email in my profile.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ronin101
posted Hide Post
hudr..thanks for the offer.. I think I will just skip it.

So my follow up question was what is the best handgun training video out there?

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I just got one of Gabe Suarez's videos. I haven't watched it all the way through yet, but I like him as far as an instructor goes. There's not a lot of production value there, at least in the DVD I bought. Newer ones may be better in that regard. Here's a link:
http://www.onesourcetactical.c...ez.aspx#.WBgL4988JR4

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 3519 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I just got one of Gabe Suarez's videos. I haven't watched it all the way through yet, but I like him as far as an instructor goes. There's not a lot of production value there, at least in the DVD I bought. Newer ones may be better in that regard. Here's a link:
http://www.onesourcetactical.c...ez.aspx#.WBgL4988JR4

The link goes to all of his products on that site. Which did you get? Have you completed it yet?

Wife is asked MG me for Christmas gift ideas and z training video might be a good idea. Any other suggestions? Probably on drills and maybe tactics. New to training so something with that in mind.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Big River Leather
Handcrafted Gun Leather and Accessories
http://www.bigriverleather.com/

Posts: 11955 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose you have to keep in mind that the video was for a company that manufacturers and sells tactical equipment. If you have an open mind you can always find a nugget that you can use. The DVD set motivated me to attend a Chris Costa class and would have to classify his in person training as one of the top classes I have ever attended. Hard work, but entertaining and very informative. Can't go wrong.

Posts: 127 | Location: Los Lunas, NM | Registered: November 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I was looking for this set to replace my original set that suffered damage.
I see the set show up on EBay on occasion with price tags hovering around $100 for a USED DVD set.
NO WAY, its good but NOT that good.
I bought a few Clint Black DVD's, they work too.

American Viet Kieu
Picture of christuan
posted Hide Post
What's your main goal?

I've found Frank Proctor's "Way of the Gun" Performance Pistol DVD to be excellent, and a good summary of many teaching points in his classes. Production is good, and it's a good primer. Nothing fancy or full of fluff, just no nonsense, simple shooting tips that focus on information processing and proper execution.

http://www.wayofthegun.us/fran...formance-pistol-dvd/

"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 6047 | Location: PacNW | Registered: January 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really liked the Shotgun video...especially at today's crazy price for it. It think it is under $17 on Amazon. I got it for $12 shipped I believe on closeout somewhere.

They do a good job of covering the drills for every type of shotgun as well as alternate methods as applicable. That alone is worth the price. I grabbed my SG and a bunch of dummy rounds and went through it dry-fire as if I was in the class, pausing when needed. I even got an idea for a 2 shell forend holder for emergency reloads and made one, it works great!

I also have Carbine Vol 2 and also found it to be worth the original price I paid for it.

Any of them are worth it a discounted/closeout prices for sure, I wouldn't pay retail or higher though.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

The world's a dangerous place, we can help! http://portlandfirearmtraining.com/

Posts: 2165 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post