SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Ernest Langdon - Opinions Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ernest Langdon - Opinions Needed Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone done any training with Ernest Langdon?

He is teaching his 2 day Tactical Pistol Skills Class near me next year.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did two group classes and one semi-private day, spanning from 2011 through 2017. I imagine that this serves as an endorsement?

Ernest gives a very good class. First day lecture is longer than most classes but beyond that I've no criticism. These days there are way too many pistol instructors who can't really shoot, or teach, of both. His national champion creds (with a recent GM ranking confirmation) take care of the shooting part bonafides, and he does deliver his material. He is also a rare bird these days who not only knows how to shoot DA/SA guns but prefers them to others. He is a nice dude too, although that shouldn't matter. Hope this helps.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
I know Ernst through IDPA events. I've not taken his class but I've always heard good things about them. If the class covers the topics you're looking for, I'm sure it will be top notch.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't trained with him, but wouldn't hesitate to that's for sure. Especially if the class is close!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Did you see this AAR...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...1105858/m/6350016944

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the best offerings out there. Always among the first instructors I recomend.

Posts: 204 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Quite a few years ago, he taught a class at an LE firearms instructor seminar (IALEFI) in NJ. I've been following him ever since and I would not hesitate to take any course he teaches.

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend Ernie too. He was the first one that set me on the path that I'm on today.

Top notch instruction and a first rate dude.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone for the feedback.

A special thanks to Jerry and HR. The last thing I want is an instructor who would try to undo what I learned in Applied Fundamentals, so I'm glad to hear you recommend him.

Now, to go justify it to the wife.

"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
Now, to go justify it to the wife.

It is very important to keep up on your continuing education to be the best and safest protector of your family that you can be.

If that doesn’t work, maybe she needs some new jewelry or shoes. Wink

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to sign up that night, but it was already filled up.

I'm number one on the wait list, praying for some poor bastard's car to break down so he can't afford the class.

- Benjamin Franklin

Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Great class and great guy. Highly recommend.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
His reputation is excellent.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post