SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    ~ OpSpec Training - MOAC - Oct. 16 - 20, 2017 - Paducah, Ky. ~
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~ OpSpec Training - MOAC - Oct. 16 - 20, 2017 - Paducah, Ky. ~ Login/Join 
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alleycat:
I think I read somewhere that we would benefit from having extended mags for this class, but I don't see it anymore. Did I imagine that?

With a total round count of about 3,800, we do suggest 13, 15 or 17 round magazines.

Some of the courses of fire are upwards of 60 rounds, so if you showed up with 10 round magazines, you'd need a lot. You'll get more out of the class with full size magazines.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vicariously Tactical
Picture of Mike729
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Right now, there are 10 slots available.

Jerry, email sent

Posts: 1715 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike729:
quote:
Right now, there are 10 slots available.

Jerry, email sent

Back at you and forwarded reply to Steve as well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Any spots still available?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Any spots still available?

Bruce

Uno

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Any legal issues with staying in IL at the Harrah's? They have some decent rates and reviews.
Distance from the range?

Bruce

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any legal issues with staying in IL at the Harrah's? They have some decent rates and reviews.
Distance from the range?

Bruce

Harrah's will be about a 15-20 minute drive, but it will be an easy drive. That time of the morning, rush hour will be over, you'll get on I-24, travel eastbound for about 6 miles, get off at Exit 3, and the range is about 3 miles up Cairo Road on the left.

Easy drive.

Yeah, there are legal concerns about staying in Illinois. But, if you intend to lock up all of your guns when you leave the range, it really won't be an issue. Metropolis PD is pretty cool. I work with those guys weekly on something or other, and they seem to be ok. State Police is another story.

www.opspectraining.com

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Okay, cool.
Email me the discount code for the Courtyard, when you get a second, so I can compare rates.

Slightly less than one spot available, now Wink

Bruce

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, cool.
Email me the discount code for the Courtyard, when you get a second, so I can compare rates.

Slightly less than one spot available, now Wink

Bruce

Unless Steve has one, and I completely don't know about it, there isn't a discount code. We just call them, tell them who we are, and they give you a good rate.

www.opspectraining.com

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
UPDATE-

MOAC standards have changed for the year. Some have gotten a little less complex, some have gotten harder.

That is all.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
There are standards ?? Oh crap. Now I'm stressing

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Couple of goodies came in today.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
quote:
UPDATE-

MOAC standards have changed for the year. Some have gotten a little less complex, some have gotten harder.

That is all.

Huh. What have I gotten myself into?

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, ok then.

Yes. There are standards. Each day, you will have a different standard, and it is relevant to the topic of training for the day. For instance, as it isn't used this year, the strong/weak hand day standard has been one bill drill for time strong hand only. One bill drill for time, weak hand only. One failure drill for time strong and weak.

This is timed based upon a formula that the draw is worth X, each shot is worth Y, reloads are worth Z, etc.

You shoot the standard twice in the morning, twice in the evening, and two more times on Friday. To be in the running for King of MOAC, you only have to pass it once. All standards are shot from the seven yard line. Staff has to shoot them at least once per year. I give them the choice of only A box hits, or you can shoot it with the same time and accuracy standards (A/B zone)from the 15. No problems at all.

Don't worry, be happy. I shot the new standards last night, and they aren't bad in the least. I like the strong hand/weak hand standard for this year much better than the above.

Looking at the roll call on who is in this class, a little over half are MOAC Alum, and half of that half is going on their third year. So, last years standards did not kill and eat anyone, so I doubt that will happen this year either. We're in my hood, we will be on a new range off to our self. Good things will be in the air.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Apparently "good things in the air"= a crap ton of flying lead and frags. Ok. Bring on the standards ! Let's do this !

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unless Steve has one, and I completely don't know about it, there isn't a discount code. We just call them, tell them who we are, and they give you a good rate.

Sent you an email.

Bruce

Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Although Jones did provide a "preferred hotel" in Paducah for those who ask, we do not have a deal with the hotel for a discount.

We have not done this in the past, other than for classes held at SIG SAUER Academy, as they have discounted negotiated rates for their students who take the class at the academy. Those discounted rooms are limited availability and they occasionally run out of rooms at the discounted rate.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The hotel in Mesa for MOAC 2016 had a special rate for us, by that may have been arranged by Alan.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Yes Bruce, you are correct. That was arranged by Alan as I believe he new the management of the hotel.

Steve

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
It continues...

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post