SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    Suggestions for intro level pistol training in Arvada, CO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for intro level pistol training in Arvada, CO Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
I need to make a recommendation to a friend that lives in Arvada. We got talking about shooting over the weekend when I was out there, and he is interested. I told him no point in buying a handgun without proper safety and proficiency instruction - he agreed (he's a smart guy, adjunct prof at CSM, PhD in geochemistry).

He has not shot since .22 rifles at scout camp...

so - please let me know if you have any suggestions for:

1) an intro to handguns trainer / location
2) public shooting ranges
3) local stores / FFLs.

Thanks.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I frequent this store and range once or twice a month.

They teach several shooting classes including a basic intro.

https://www.google.com/maps/pl...0:0xbe64c99507770376

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
I'm a licensed instructor in Arvada. I'd be glad to meet with your buddy and provide some mentoring. However, I have a horrid travel schedule in the near future. Minimal availability between now and mid month, but come late May, I won't even be in country again until July. One of my business partners (SWAT office & former Navy Seal) will be glad to step in to help during my absence.

I have some personal reservations with 5280 Armory, but thats neither here nor there. They have a nice indoor range and a huge firearm selection. Other ~semi close indoor ranges would be Bristlecone, Blue Core, and Silver Bullet. Silver bullet will be more grungy, the others are all higher end. Outdoor ranges are gonna require about an hour drive.

I host my classes on private lands, about an hour from Arvada.

Email is in my profile, lets converse.

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post