SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Competition, Training and Regional Shoots    ~ OpSpec Training - Practical Fundamentals - Feb. 8 & 9, 2019 - Mesa, Ariz. ~
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~ OpSpec Training - Practical Fundamentals - Feb. 8 & 9, 2019 - Mesa, Ariz. ~ Login/Join 
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Really bummed that I can't make this one. I was looking forward to this, but.....

Ruptured my lower tendon on my left bicep. The tendon is barely hanging on. Surgery soon.
Have fun guys.

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
OK my friend Steve is in. If he gets enough mags he will be using his Browning BDM, otherwise he will use my P229. We’ll go to an indoor range prior to the class for familiarization.

OR I could bring a P320 but it hasn’t been sent back to Sig for the recall, and it has the standard trigger, which I think would be brutal for two full days of shooting.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
OR I could bring a P320 but it hasn’t been sent back to Sig for the recall, and it has the standard trigger, which I think would be brutal for two full days of shooting.

Unless something went back wrong with your gun, most of the triggers I have felt post upgrade have been better than when the gun was factory original.

If he needs to borrow a P320c, I can loan him mine.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
And if you’d rather have him use a full-size, he can use my frame and your FCU!

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Doesn't matter. The sweet spot in those guns seem to be the carry frame, and compact slide. Either way, its available.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for all your generous offers.
Steve is very excited about coming to the course.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
I read your thoughts to my wife. She will shoot the G19, maybe the G17.

Bruce

PS: I hope you will teach me how you did that. Smile

It is really easy, he isn’t married to her. Wink

It is kinda like the boss that gets told 1000 times by the employees what he needs to change to drive the company forward but never does. Then the boss hires a consultant, pays them a lot of money to help fix the company. The consultant goes around, talks to all the employees, bundles up their ideas, give the boss a nice report and gets a fat check for his trouble.

Me thinks human nature is in there somewhere...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’ve never had to wear wraparound eye protection, and I have to use glasses. I found these on Amazon and have ordered them. They are designed to fit over regular glasses.

No-Cry over-glasses eye protection

I also note a review that says they fit under ear protection with no problem:

FINALLY a decent pair of safeties to cover my glasses. Been putting up with the only thing you can find everywhere else el cheapos for decades for shooting range. Not only do they fit your head and stay up, the temples are small enough to fit under the ear protectors without making a hole for loud to get in. We'll see how they hold up, as I've only had 'em out once, but I am really, really pleased.
I do a lot of shop work and while I won't mind risking the old numerous pairs when I can live without clarity, these will be the go to for fine work. Quit wasting bucks on all the $3 stuff and do these.
DO get their storage case as the glasses DO fit handily AND you won't scratch or fog them trying to protect them in a baggie.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
It looks like I’ll be driving, after all, down from Northern Utah on Thursday and have some space and can bring some extra gear. I don’t have a lot, but hit me up. Mainly Glock stuff.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I finally found my stuff that had been in storage since Maui. Now I have things like 5 UpLula magloaders. I’ll bring all those.
Also found mag pouches, Maxpedition mag dump pouches and my CR Speed belts.
What I did not find was my P229 kydex holster, so I’ve ordered one from Midway.
I will leave the knee and elbow pads behind this trip.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Apparently the road in to the range that was supposed to be open at 8, now isn’t opening till 9. We will meet at the range as soon as the road opens.

www.opspectraining.com

Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for an awesome class OpSpec guys. Can't come close to counting up all I learned. For anyone wondering--this class is a very good value for all you walk away with. I'll try to do an AAR later.

Alan, thanks for hosting and bringing your suppressors out. You're going to cost my brother some money.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Great class! The weather was good too, much warmer than home.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Met a lot of great guys and gals—we laughed that the class was mostly made up of Type A outcome-oriented people who are resistant to just focusing on process—but it works!

Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
Was a great class and a fun group! Thanks everyone for being really safe.

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
And Jerry said not to bring kneepads...

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^HA!
That's such an awesome picture! Big Grin

Outstanding class and it was great to finally meet so many forum members.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The class that polices brass together
Kicks ass together!

Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Would have loved to have brought that brass home to feed my loader.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
A benefit of hosting a class Wink
I STILL have brass from the first class I hosted.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post